[讨论] Bourne和Kraatz

[复制链接]
alexes 发表于 2003-9-18 21:11:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
相信论坛里有不少喜欢B/K的,他们也是我喜欢的选手之一。最近,比较忙没有时间写什么东西。
先转贴一篇关于他们的文章:http://www.globeandmail.com/serv ... o15/BNStory/Sports/

1012kraatz-bourne8-v6.jpg
[B]Bourne and Kraatz[/B]
By BEVERLEY SMITH                     From Tuesday’s Globe and Mail

Kitchener, Ont. — Ice dancers live in a wacky world.

It’s a world in which it’s easy to stay humble, even if you’re a world champion.

Victor Kraatz, the world ice dancing champion, slept on a bench at Paddington Station in London for three days last June was on his way home from a holiday in Helskinki.

The station is around the corner from the YMCA, where Kraatz spent one night. He was stranded with 60, which doesn’t go far in London. For four days, Kraatz had to pinch his pennies. Yet three months earlier, he had ruled the world, at least in ice dancing.

Kraatz was the victim of a wildcat strike at Heathrow airport in London. He had to switch planes in London, but couldn’t find a soul who worked for British Airways because they had walked off the job. Since Kraatz couldn’t get his baggage, he spent four days in the same clothes, sleeping under newspapers.

This past Saturday night, Kraatz and ice dance partner Shae-Lynn Bourne found life’s flipside. Skating in Canada for the first time since winning the world gold medal in March, Bourne and Kraatz were met with several standing ovations at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium, the site where they surprised with a win in the last year’s Grand Prix final, just before the Salt Lake City Olympics.

Along with members of the national skating team, Bourne and Kraatz were in Kitchener to skate a fund-raising performance for Skate Canada’s Athlete’s Trust, which provides financing for athletes going to skating competitions. The group raised about $20,000.

But Kraatz was painfully aware that he’s now an outsider, no longer a member of the national team. And he’s scrambling to figure out what to do with the rest of his life, now that his Olympic-eligible days are over. He’s now a pro athlete, and he hasn’t found the transition all that comfortable.

Since the world championships, Bourne and Kraatz have performed 22 times on a Tom Collins’ Tour of Champions throughout the United States. It wasn’t a hard schedule. Collins, the promoter, had to cancel a number of stops on the tour because of slow ticket sales. That was the result of several factors, including post-Olympic fan fatigue.

Kraatz admits that the interest in figure skating isn’t what it was even four years ago, and it has sagged significantly since the mid-1990s, when the focus was assisted by the soap opera of Tonya Harding’s antics.

These days, there isn’t much interest in ice dancing teams, even if they’re world champions. Many pro competitions have dried up, and the ones that have survived, tend to drop not only the ice dancing but pairs skating as well.

"There is less need for an ice dancing team now out there," Bourne said. "But it always has been like that."

Bourne and Kraatz have some future shows lined up, and they have spent their time preparing various exhibition routines.

After the summer tour, Bourne and Kraatz each took a holiday of about five weeks. They have never spent so much time apart. Kraatz spent two weeks in Vancouver, which he considers his hometown and 2 weeks in Helsinki, the native country of his fiancée Maikki Uotila.

Bourne spent a week in her hometown of Chatham, Ont., and a couple of weeks in Moscow. Then she easily started to slide into her new life as a coach and a choreographer alongside her companion Nikolai Morozov, whose work as a choreographer is much in demand worldwide.

During the summer, Bourne helped Morozov choreograph the new long program of the Canadian pair Anabelle Langlois of Grand-Mere, Que., and Patrice Archetto of Montreal.

Bourne said she is having an easier time moving into her new life because she gave it long and careful thought before her final competitive skate. She is moving into a re

本帖被以下淘专辑推荐:

NovemberRain 发表于 2003-9-19 15:51:00 | 显示全部楼层
我想问问,他们98冬奥会赛后的表演节目,用的音乐叫什么?
 楼主| alexes 发表于 2003-9-20 15:27:00 | 显示全部楼层
98年奥运会后的表演应该是和97年世锦赛表演一样的,歌曲 Sometime When We Touch 。
Penny 发表于 2003-9-25 09:34:00 | 显示全部楼层
97年世锦赛的表演我没看过,不过我敢肯定的是他们98年世锦赛上表演的就是Sometimes when we touch.这也是我最喜欢的节目之一。
 楼主| alexes 发表于 2003-10-21 22:34:00 | 显示全部楼层
不好的消息,Shea-Lynn和Vic拆档了。
FSU上的消息:
http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7538

The same story was picked up by the Toronto Star - it doesn't seem to be online, so here are Shae's quotes:

"What I want to say to Canadian fans is that I am not really ready to let go of skating. I want to keep the doors open, whether it's for touring, or skating as a single, or whatever."

"It's kind of like a marriage and now a divorce. It's like I want to get married again."

"It's not happy news. For me it came as a surprise. Two weeks ago it was a real shock, but I've had some time to get used to it. It just seems like now was our chance to enjoy it, perform without the pressure and really become creative."

"I wish Victor all happiness. I told him I respect him so much for being honest with me. But I don't like it."
Penny 发表于 2003-10-28 08:52:00 | 显示全部楼层
World Champions Bourne and Kraatz Split Up
Wed Oct 22, 2:14 AM ET  Add Sports - Reuters to My Yahoo!

TORONTO (Reuters) - Ice dance world champions Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz of Canada will split up in December after performing together for more than a decade.

Since joining forces in 1991, the duo have won 10 Canadian championships, four world bronze medals and the elusive gold in Washington in March.

After winning the gold medal, Bourne and Kraatz decided to turn professional. But Kraatz now wants to end the partnership to "explore new avenues."

"I have reached a point in my life where I am interested in exploring new avenues and enriching my life with new challenges," Kraatz said in a statement on Tuesday.

His decision has disappointed Bourne, 27, who said she would continue skating professionally.

"The next steps for me will be to focus on new experiences in the skating field," she said.

figuresk8er 发表于 2003-10-31 21:48:00 | 显示全部楼层
大家最喜欢B/K的什么节目?
我最喜欢Riverdance.
想见怀恋_100 发表于 2003-10-31 22:00:00 | 显示全部楼层
他们2001年的自由舞也不错,但是可能是我比较喜欢大河之舞的音乐,加上他们在冬奥会上表演的很煽情啊,所以最喜欢他们98冬奥版的大河。
另外:98年冬奥的自由舞太经典了,我几乎是同时喜欢上前10名的自由舞了。

Penny 发表于 2003-11-4 09:42:00 | 显示全部楼层
啊遗憾的是我没看录下98年奥运会版本的Riverdance.我还是比较喜欢他们抒情的风格,像99年的就不怎么样。02年的也喜欢。
gloria_syu 发表于 2004-7-19 12:46:00 | 显示全部楼层
我最喜欢他们98冬奥会的自由滑《RIVERDANCE》。好可惜我下到的视频不全,才一小段。有谁知道在哪可以下到全的B/K版《RIVERDANCE》吗?
说起来,98冬奥会真的出了好多的经典作品呢。
 楼主| alexes 发表于 2004-9-1 20:23:00 | 显示全部楼层
Shea-Lynn将和Peter合作参加表演

草珊瑚 发表于 2004-9-2 09:19:00 | 显示全部楼层
图片看不到……
Peter是Peter Tchernyshev吗?那这组合可就太养眼了~
orange 发表于 2004-9-2 14:01:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用alexes在2004-9-1 20:23:12的发言:
Shea-Lynn将和Peter合作参加表演

真的吗?!想不到啊,先幻想一下~~~~~~~~~~
 楼主| alexes 发表于 2004-9-2 17:28:00 | 显示全部楼层
以下是引用草珊瑚在2004-9-2 9:19:38的发言:
图片看不到……
Peter是Peter Tchernyshev吗?那这组合可就太养眼了~

珊瑚说对啦,是Peter Tchernyshev。Naomi不是怀孕生宝宝了吗,所以他们年初就宣布不再合作,Peter前一段做编排工作。Vic也因为要和太太开始新的生活,不再和Shea-Lynn合作了。
照片我已经传到自己的相册里了,现在可以看了。
鱼类 发表于 2004-9-7 09:07:00 | 显示全部楼层
NEW YORK (AP) - Ice dancers Shae-Lynn Bourne of Chatham, Ont., and Peter Tcherynshev are teaming up after their partners retired.

Bourne is a 10-time Canadian champion who won the world title with Victor Kraatz of Qualicum, B.C., in 2003. Tchernyshev, born in Russia, moved to the United States to partner with Naomi Lang and became an American citizen. He and Lang won five consecutive U.S. championships.

Kraatz retired after last season. Lang also is retired and recently gave birth to a daughter.

真没想到他俩组合,呵呵。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表