奥运会的时候还搭档解说来着呢,唉
鱼类 发表于 2010-6-7 01:40

贴吧里有人说是因为二人与CTV有解说合约,为对工作不造成影响,因此才硬拖到现在。

前段时间还听人说(不是贴吧的人),David Pelletier和Tessa Virture传绯闻,是不是真的啊?知情人来说说。
想见怀恋_100 发表于 2010-6-13 14:18:19 | 显示全部楼层
贴吧里有人说是因为二人与CTV有解说合约,为对工作不造成影响,因此才硬拖到现在。

前段时间还听人说 ...
Yvonne 发表于 2010-6-13 13:55

我也是道听途说,如有失实概不负责如有巧合纯属运气......好像是FSU在传,去年TEB的时候有人看到V和P逛街,再按照SP分居由此衍生出的8卦YY.....其实V和P到现在都还没被狗仔冰迷逮到约会之类的实际操作......
pooool 发表于 2010-6-13 16:43:48 | 显示全部楼层
V和P的事据说已是子虚乌有。。。说实话,老找圈内人士真没劲,像罗大姐那样才好
MJ也有尊严 发表于 2010-6-14 02:09:11 | 显示全部楼层
V和P的事据说已是子虚乌有。。。说实话,老找圈内人士真没劲,像罗大姐那样才好
pooool 发表于 2010-6-13 16:43

“据说”,所以.....走着瞧吧......VM对伴侣的审美差距犹如当年TD、GP的审美差距......

罗大姐要真从了加冰协以前搞出的金玉组合,我只能说:罗大姐这一刻你被强大的TR女附体

罗大姐的BF是短道的,广义上来说也算圈内人士
enderstar 发表于 2010-6-14 02:38:15 | 显示全部楼层
回复 21# MJ也有尊严
话说P大叔也算是帅哥一枚,就是老了点。
也许是P成了VM的教练给了两人走近的机会吧。
个人意愿不希望这是真的,不过也只能看有没有新料爆出来了……
不过,VM之间的Gossip可是从来没断过吼~
MJ也有尊严 发表于 2010-6-14 03:03:53 | 显示全部楼层
不过,VM之间的Gossip可是从来没断过吼~
enderstar 发表于 2010-6-14 02:38

花边归花边,青梅竹马十几年了要擦出火花早擦出来了,有时候就是一起长大太熟悉彼此了,一路顺利又缺少风雨磨难的拧合,反而少了那种使双方发酵的激情,这种人要真能凑到一起也是经历感情波折分分合合人到中年回首当年两小无猜......

不要问我为什么或者需要拿出证据,就是个人活了快三十年的直觉而已.....
pooool 发表于 2010-6-14 03:52:35 | 显示全部楼层
据说,罗大姐和BF分了……
hazuki 发表于 2010-7-22 08:24:47 | 显示全部楼层
对啊~罗大姐的BF是SHORT TRACK的,也不能说是圈外吧。我觉得这样反而容易有共同语言,也比较有时间在一起。毕竟有可能SHARE一个RINK。
hazuki 发表于 2010-7-22 08:25:37 | 显示全部楼层
回复 23# MJ也有尊严

他们俩在17,18岁的时候是一对的。然后后来分了。
鱼类 发表于 2012-2-16 14:09:27 | 显示全部楼层

Salé and Pelletier: Ready to put the skating behind them

Gold medal figure skating olympians Jaime Sale and David Pelletier pictured at the Royal Glenora Club in Edmonton. The pair won gold at salt lake olympics were married, had a baby, then divorced but continued to skate professionally and now they are preparing to stop skating and go separate ways. (Jason Franson for Globe and Mail.) - Gold medal figure skating olympians Jaime Sale and David Pelletier pictured at the Royal Glenora Club in Edmonton. The pair won gold at salt lake olympics were married, had a baby, then divorced but continued to skate professionally and now they are preparing to stop skating and go separate ways. (Jason Franson for Globe and Mail.) | The Globe and Mail

The preskate rituals of Jamie Salé and David Pelletier were anything but routine that night, one decade ago. They waded slowly through the heightened post-9/11 security checks – ever the terrorist threat figure skaters are – as paparazzi swarmed them.

Inside, the stands of the Salt Lake Ice Centre were packed with fans anxious for a gold-medal showdown: Canadians vs. Russians. Bad omens abounded. Salé, recovering from an illness that had her bedridden two weeks earlier, was nauseous. Pelletier couldn't eat. A TV light exploded above their heads. She collided with a Russian skater during warm-up.

Salé glided to the boards, dispirited, head hanging. “Ridiculous, for me,” she remembers. “I'm going: ‘How am I going to skate?'<TH>“

Once back on the ice, however, it was all behind them. They remember each second of their aptly titled Love Story routine. When they finished, the crowd erupted in a standing ovation. Pelletier kissed the ice while Salé covered her mouth in shock. “Simply perfect,” television commentator Sandra Bezic said.

The routine, which (eventually) broke a 42-year gold-medal drought for Canada in pairs skating, sparked an international judging scandal and shot the Salé-Pelletier brand to the top. A Rocky Mountain wedding, lucrative tours and a baby boy followed.

Now, at the 10-year anniversary of their big moment, Canada's ice darlings find themselves at a crossroads. Skating has since become their job, rather than their passion, and this year is the first since Salt Lake City that Salé and Pelletier haven't signed on to a tour. The offer they received was, in their eyes, a lowball.

They'll instead hold out for more cash or do occasional one-off shows, but the more you talk to them, the more it's clear: They're ready to hang 'em up.

“I've been cold my whole life. I'm tired of being cold. I don't like the rink any more,” Salé, 34, says while sitting in oversize armchairs in the lobby of their Edmonton skating club. Veteran staff welcomed them there warmly, while a young receptionist stared blankly and asked who they were. “We got an offer, and I was like ‘Wow. Okay. I guess we're moving on.'<TH>“

It all makes for a slow unravelling of the life they'd come to know together, one that made them household names – their divorce two years ago, the slipping market and, now, contemplation of a future off the ice.

“We were maybe a little bit scared at first, but we're realizing quite fast that it's quite comfortable,” says Pelletier, 37. “And I think we're both at peace. If this is going to be the end, then I'm comfortable with that.”

Credit to Harding

Figure skating's popularity peaked when American Tonya Harding had her husband hire a goon to club rival Nancy Kerrigan on the knee. The soap opera put ratings through the roof; in late 1994, a skater could earn $250,000 in one night, skating before sold-out live crowds and massive TV audiences.

“Worldwide, skating was at a high,” veteran skating promoter Tom Collins remembers. “The fees that were paid to the skaters or the various companies to put on competitions were astronomical. … It was only a four-year run, to tell you the truth, and then it dropped slowly.”

As the market began to fade, Salé and Pelletier found themselves far away from the spotlight of international skating, having hit a rut in their careers.

The Alberta-born Salé had gone back to singles skating after splitting from her previous pairs partner, Jason Turner, with whom she had competed at the Lillehammer Olympics. Pelletier, a Quebecker, had skated with three previous partners. None proved a good fit.

Salé and Pelletier first considered skating together in 1996, but neither wanted to move to the other's city. By 1998, the lifelong skaters were missing out on the boom altogether – he was working at Montreal's Molson Centre arena, she was serving coffee at an Edmonton Second Cup. Only then did they give it another go, with the more introverted, analytical Pelletier flying to Edmonton during the Nagano Olympics to try out with the spritely Salé. This time, the partnership clicked.

After switching coaches and moving full-time to Edmonton, they began to rack up first-place finishes, culminating in the 2001 world championship.

t was a long road to the top, and the two decided they'd retire there – cashing in if they won gold. Off the podium, onto the marquee.

“It was time to get back what we'd put in,” Pelletier says. “What our parents, mostly, put in.”

The touring sector was still strong, and they hoped for four lucrative years. In their first year as pros, Salé and Pelletier skated in 65 U.S. cities and 12 in Canada while squeezing in overseas shows. Skaters could still earn $10,000 a night in those years.

“They got in it, but it was still dropping. They missed the crest,” says Collins, who sold his Champions on Ice tour in 2006.

But Salé and Pelletier continued to draw crowds, touring each year. They've since done three collective stints on CBC's Battle of the Blades (“A great paycheque, not gonna lie,” Salé says) and provided Olympic commentary in Turin and Vancouver. Altogether, they toured for 10 years.

“Honestly, we've been very spoiled to be able to do what we do – do it well, get paid very well and loving it,” she says.

However, with few sponsorships, no TV deals and the winter Olympics two years away, the market has finally faded. Another tour, Stars on Ice, will do more Canadian shows (12) than American ones (10) for the first time this year.

“The Kerrigan-Harding affair spiked the ratings like nothing else in the history of the sport. Do you think it could sustain that?” says Jay Ogden, a New York-based senior vice-president of sports mega-agency IMG, which runs Stars on Ice.

“When figure skating was really hot in the U.S., it was considered one of the true reality shows,” Ogden says. “It was live, in your face, there were big stars, big stories. And now for whatever reason, it's all dropped off.”

Salé and Pelletier were offered a spot on this year's Stars on Ice tour, but at a price that Salé says “undervalues” them as the industry slips. “Look,” Pelletier says, “the numbers tell a story.”

While Ogden points to reality TV, Salé and Pelletier cite a deeper change keeping fans away – new rules imposed since the judging scandal. They're meant to eliminate the discretion that shortchanged the Canadians in Salt Lake City, but Salé and Pelletier say the rules kill the art.

“I look at it now and say, ‘I'm so glad I'm not competing any more,'“ Salé says. “It's too much for me. We skated Love Story very freely. We were telling a story. I felt like an actress. I find when I watch today, I don't see that at all. It's just technical.”

Personal side

As the industry fades from what they knew and thrived in, so too does their personal life together, but you'd hardly know it. They remain friends, don't look as if they've aged a day, and share custody of their four-year-old son, Jesse.

At one point, Salé chides her partner for his tuque, green with ear flaps. “It's girly,” she says. “It's warm,” Pelletier replies, betraying no hint of amusement. But that's as testy as things get.

“There's still a little bit of fire left in me, but mostly I enjoy skating with Jamie,” Pelletier says. “Skating with Jamie is easy. So it made me a little sad that we're not going to skate. But there's still life, still hope.”

They have struggled since to maintain privacy throughout their divorce, but decline to comment

. “We have a son that we love very much, and he is our priority,” she adds. “It's life. And we're human. It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it. I think we're doing a good job.”

They had all but forgotten the anniversary of their skate on Feb. 11, 2002. Instead, they're looking at the next steps. Pelletier plans to go to university, while Salé hopes to pursue more promotional work.

The one-off shows require preparation. They hit the ice for 45-minute morning practices this week for a coming Salt Lake City reunion show – an Olympic tribute for which thousands of seats remain unsold. This time in Utah, the paparazzi and crowds are gone.

“We'll never forget about skating,” Salé says, flashing the smile that helped make the pair stars. “But it's gone, and we knew that was coming.”

评分

参与人数 1体力 +10 人气 +1 贡献 +10 收起 理由
lisa76 + 10 + 1 + 10 Gone with the wind...

查看全部评分

最爱关颖珊 发表于 2012-2-26 20:41:13 | 显示全部楼层
鱼头贴的这篇文章让人感觉真伤感啊!我从2002年冬奥会之后开始来年华也有10年了,感觉真是弹指一挥间啊。当年COI和SOI是多麽火爆,在夏天的时候几乎在美国每个城市都巡回演出,央视还有的时候在过年的时候放点职业演出,现在也都没有了。经济萧条,美国人也花不起钱搞这些了啊。。。黄金时代过去了。。

点评

long time no see  发表于 2012-3-6 00:34
美帝的黄金时代虽然结束,亚洲三小强和欧洲正开始商演的白金时代  详情 回复 发表于 2012-2-28 00:02
别说商演和职业比赛了,看看现在在北美办的大奖赛,四大洲神马的,那悲催的上座率  详情 回复 发表于 2012-2-27 12:42
鱼类 发表于 2012-2-27 12:42:33 | 显示全部楼层
最爱关颖珊 发表于 2012-2-26 20:41
鱼头贴的这篇文章让人感觉真伤感啊!我从2002年冬奥会之后开始来年华也有10年了,感觉真是弹指一挥间啊。当 ...

别说商演和职业比赛了,看看现在在北美办的大奖赛,四大洲神马的,那悲催的上座率{:soso__3858137384903145467_1:}
Penny 发表于 2012-2-27 21:15:09 | 显示全部楼层
突然看到“最爱关颖珊”的身影了,感觉恍如隔世啊!
是啊,时间飞逝,年华也开了10年了。如今北美花样滑冰市场萧条,上海的反而开始火了:去年2个商演1个coc。今年过年开始商业冰场生意火爆,3月8日短道速滑世锦赛也落户上海。本人因为滑冰也上过几次电视了,嘿嘿~~
In a word, 经济基础决定上层建筑。

点评

哈哈,其实我还是会经常来论坛的,只是现在工作太忙,每天昏天黑地的,也没时间经常发言了。我在电视上也看到过你,好像当年某个比赛在加拿大国旗下吗?  详情 回复 发表于 2012-2-28 19:04
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表