[翻译] Johnny Weir : I'm an old Russian woman

[复制链接]
鱼类 发表于 2012-6-7 09:29:21 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Johnny Weir interview: I'm an old Russian woman

Johnny Weir: "In my heart I am an old Russian woman"

As announced by Elena Vaitsekhovskaya:

Don't miss Slava Malamud's interview with Johnny Weir. I liked it very much. Slava knows how to spice up even the most ordinary material, sometimes it puts me off, but here is the case when you just cannot over-spice up Johnny Weir.  You can add as much spice as you like, but Johnny will still shine brighter.

weir100823_560.jpg

[color=#99099 !important]http://www.sport-express.ru/newspaper/2012-06-06/8_1/?view=page

Three-time U.S. champion, one of the most eccentric skaters in the history of figure skating and the main Russophile in America decided to return to competitive skating to perform at the Olympic Games in Sochi.

• Let's talk in English - Johnny said in response to my "good morning". - I'm just afraid it won't be as well in Russian. I try, but make a lot of mistakes. There are so many rules in Russian... To learn all of them is beyond my .

• Can you read in Russian?
    • Read and write. I read your newspaper.
    • Like it?
    • For the most part. Say hello to Elena Vaitsehovskaya. We have a longstanding relationship.

Several months ago, Johnny Weir suddenly announced his comeback to competions, as if suddenly remembered something he had forgotten. Maybe, he just missed shocking respectable judges? One can't say after all that the main troublemaker in figure skating have recently settled down. Anyway, he continues to amaze everyone around....

"These are the best sneakers of all time!" - exclaimed a woman passing by our table. And pointed to Johnny's shoes - black sneakers with metal studs all over them. Johnny said thank you. A lady found it necessary to assure him that she was not joking and that those were really the best running shoes. Of all times. How seriously had she studied the history of sneakers, the lady did not specify, but Johnny did not argue. All the more so as he seemed, to some extent, to share her point of view.

The current Johnny is an open and friendly man. Do not hide neither his sexuality, nor all the consequences it causes. He got married recently. To a Russian, of course. Now his name is Johnny Weir-Voronov. Got himself a puppy. His name is Artem Viktorovich Weir-Voronov. Does your dog have a father's name? If not, then congratulations - you are not Johnny. And you probabaly don't have shoes like the ones he has, either.

PHOENIX IN THE AQUARIUM

• How is the comeback going?
    • It's gone a long way already. Both programs - short and free — are set, I'm working on quad jumps. I have a couple more pounds to lose, and then in summer there will be physical training - will drive myself into shape.
    • Have you found some new things that hurt?
    • Nothing new, remembered the ones I have forgotten about. But, you know, I'm older now, and my approach to training is different. With strategy.
    • You say the programs are ready...
    • In general, yes. We haven't polished them yet, but the foundation is already there.
    • What can you tell us about them? Music, for example — is it a secret?
    • Music will be special. I can only say that Lady Gaga personally gave me the music for the short program.
    • Really…
    • Oh, yes. The short program will be cool. And for the free... I decided to follow an example of figure skaters of 50s and 60s, when free program was much longer and included several pieces of music. I do the same, but with a modern interpretation and speed. There will be many different classical music pieces - things that everybody knows. A theme of the program is a phoenix. How it rises from the ashes.
    • Any analogy with yourself?
    • A lot. I will tell my story on the ice.
    • Two years you lived as you pleased- ate what you wanted, did what you wanted. What brings you back in sport?
    • I'm awfully glad that I took two years off. I had to get out of skating and live a little without it. Figure skating is a large fish bowl.
    • Fish bowl?
    • Well, yes. You live like a fish behind the glass. Everything sees you, everyone knows everything about everybody, gossip all the time. In hockey, it's probably the same... In general, I ran away from it and was very happy. Got married. My life is extremely beautiful. I found out that figure skating is not the only thing I can do. And I live in the world not only for it. It will be my approach: I am here on the ice, because I want it, not because I have no other choice.

BABUSHKA TARASOVA
    • And what you'll be like on the ice? Will we see the old Johnny Weir or someone new?
    • I hope that you will see a wiser Johnny Weir. When younger, you make many different mistakes — what else are you supposed to do? I was terribly moody, did not listen to anyone but myself. And when you are like that, you go into your shell, and on a bad day you are left alone — no one can get you out of it. Now I do not need to be like that. Everything I could do for the U. S. figure skating, I've already done. If it doesn't work this time, I'll quietly quit the sport and I will be happy. So the new Johnny Weir will be more calm and relaxed. I hope this will help me become a stronger skater than I was before.
    • Are you sure it will help? What if the determination to win will disappear?
    • I have never been so much set to fight. I'm not a fighter, like Plushenko, who fights like a dog to win each competition. Maybe it's because he's Russian, and I'm an American, and we do not have to to suffer and struggle for everything like you. Or maybe it's just the way I am. Not one of those who is ready to cut his competitor's throat to win... In Russia, you love hockey, maybe, it's a hockey mentality. To score a goal, to help the team... I cannot get over the fact that figure skating is a sport where your fate is decided by 14 complete strangers much older than you.
    • George Foreman once told me that Russian boxers are hungrier and angrier than Americans.
    • The same is with Russian figure skating system — it is much more serious. This is especially true for the old Soviet school coaches. Either you succeed or you are nothing.
    • Did your first encounter with that school shocked you? Tatiana Tarasova certainly was not tender.
    • That's what I needed... You see, my first coach, Priscilla Hill, has taught me everything I know. But she was very loving and gentle person, even too much. And Tarasova kicked my ass. But outside the rink, she was like babushka: trying to feed me, brush my hair. Galina Zmievskaya is the same: on the ice, she is the toughest and the most difficult person in the world, while in ordinary life, we have wonderful, warm relationship.
    • What makes Russian school of figure skating so special, what do you think? What does it mean to skate like a Russian?
    • That I can explain, because I always studied Russian school very carefully. Ever since childhood, on TV. The main thing is that Russians are all very dramatic. Americans are somehow more conservative in their movements. Russians are all about drama - costumes, music and techique. As in hockey, Russians love speed. Arms and legs movements are very wide, with a large amplitude. Americans are much more restrained.
    • In the old days you gave names to the elements of your costume...
    • Don't worry about that! I am just as odd as I was before. If I have to give a name to a program or costume, I'll do it. Why not have some fun? The worst thing is to take everything too seriously. What is the point of doing something that does not bring you pleasure?
    • There is an impression that all your eccentricity is calculated in advance...
    • Calculated? No. I'm actually a very eccentric man, and do not mind it.
    • Others do.
    • Figure skating is an old sport. More precisely, not old, but I will say, senile. Tradition rules, and people who are in charge are quite old. And, by the way, they are not too interested in gay sportsmen. Even though figure skating in the United States has a reputation of "gay" sport. Only it is hushed to not upset anyone. But I decided long ago that there is nothing in life more important than the right to be who I am. And it happened that, on the one hand, I felt no need to always conform to the norm. On the other hand, I know exactly what my sport carreer was very much affected by this.

SHOWER FOR ME, PLATINUM TO PLUSHENKO
    • Had you been judged fairly, where you would you finished at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver, what do you think?
    • Uh ... You know how much time passed before I found the strength to watch the performances of the others? After Vancouver my heart was broken. I was depressed and had lost all interest in figure skating... Vancouver was a peak. Yes, exactly: it was a peak moment in my life. The most emotional, most dramatic, the most beautiful. I left the ice under an incredible buzz. As soon as the scores were up, it became clear that I was going into sixth place. Wow, I thought, then how everyone else had skated? Behind the scenes, reporters approach me and said: this one fell, that one stopped in the middle of the program and pooped on the ice, and the third set himself on fire with sparks from his nostrils. Why didn't I place higher, then?.. In general, it took seven or eight months for me to watch all the performances, when I had calmed down a bit. I think I was third in Vancouver.
    • It looks like you have dealt with frustration better than Plushenko.
    • You bet.
    • How did you react to him saying he earned a platinum medal and so on?
    • Figure skating takes all your life and doesn't leave any room for anything else. Plushenko took three years off after Turin, and if he returned to the thick of it, then certainly not for the second place, right? When this is the only thing you think about every day, the only thing you get up for every morning, and it doesn't come to you... Anyone would be depressed.In actual fact, I am much closer to Evgeni than to Evan Lysacek, and root for him much stronger. Of course, it was a very bad for his media image in America... But everyone deals with frustration in their own way. Galina (Zmievskaya), for example, after I dropped to sixth place, went to McDonalds and ate potato fries. For her to allow herself anything like this, she should be extremely depressed. I went to cry in the shower. And Zhenya started talking about platinum medals. To each their own.
    • Is your relationship with Lysacek, who became the champion then, is still, well, strained?
    • I haven't seen him for a long time. And the strain that was before was mainly produced by the American media. Well, and figure skating federation, of course. Without a doubt, we did not like each other. But when I got married, he was among the first who sent me congratulations, I was downright shocked. Apparently, we both grew up. We don't have to like each other, but now I have more respect for what he has achieved.
    • And now you have decided to make a comeback. Do you think you will have a better chance? Had the judges became more liberal?
    • I think they had. I hope so. But if not, I won't be mad with grief. By the way, our national federation is now behaving toward me better than ever before. Apparently, there have realized that I can maintain a popularity of American figure skating. Evan won the Olympics, but no one remembers who he is. Yes, I can make our sport popular... I hope that my Federation will appoint to the events in which I need to skate. Will tell me how to skate to be in favor of the judges, not just the public. And then the last two years I got used to skate for people who applaud me for shaking my ass for them.
    • And do you think you can please the judges?
    • It will be difficult. For Zhenya it was difficult when he came back. And I'm not nearly as popular as he is in Russia... But there is nothing to complain about. In general, in America I am loved and appreciated. The Federation knows it and sees that they need me.

WHERE DID THE GUY GET RUSSIAN GRIEF?

• In Sochi, you will be an old man by the standards of figure skating. If you do get there at all.
    • Yes, I will be 29. But I started skating only at the age of 12! So, I will have 17 years experience. But many of my competitors skate since they were 2, therefore, they have subjected their bodies to stress even longer than I. And why should I not go to Sochi? The field is weak in America now.
    • And what can you expect there?
    • It's a competition, and that means I'm going there to win. How can it be otherwise? If you go, knowing that you won't win, then why do you go? Stay at home... But in general, I would just be happy to go to Sochi. Three Olympics is a great success.
    • Especially given your love for Russia.
    • Of course! Russia is my inspiration. This applies to coaches, and music, to culture and figure skating traditions in general. To finish my career in Russia is a dream. In addition, I will perform under my new name — Weir-Voronov.
    • Where does it come from, anyway? You're originally from a village in Pennsylvania. There are many Amish people, but hardly any Russian at all.
    • I do not know. Simply, it is in me. Some people are attracted to mathematics for some reason. Someone develops a hobby all of a sudden. And here I am five years old terribly interested in Russia. What is this country? Why people don't like it? Why are there such a beautiful buildings at the Red Square? What is communism? I was very attracted to all these puzzles.
    • And? Did you find something that amazed you the most in Russian culture?
    • Even the most miserable Russian, who has no money and no job, will act as if he was Putin. This is very Russian — to always act like that. I respect that. In America, people are somehow afraid to do as they like, afraid to offend or annoy someone. Russians do not care. Anything to feel like a king of world and get everyone telling them that... Anyway, Russian history fascinates me. It is very romantic, with all the ups and downs... Red Square is the most beautiful place in the world. Whenever I go there, it always wows me.
    • I suppose there aren't many Cheburashka collectors in Russia.
    • And now even our puppy has a Cheburashka.
    • How many of them do you have?
    • Well, you know that Japan bought the rights to Cheburashka. So every time going to Japan, I come back with a suitcase full of Cheburashkas. Of all colors and sizes. In addition, Japanese people are very inventive and dress them in all kinds of clothes. I have Cheburashka with skates, in my costumes... I think I can provide five or six elementary schools with Cheburashkas.
    • It's a strange toy. He sings about it himself...
    • But he's very cute. That's why I like him. Nobody knows how he got into the box of oranges. But everyone loves him.
    • Let's test your knowledge of Russian culture. What, for example, is your favorite Russian book?
    • I have a small collection of poems by Pushkin, that I always carry around with me.
    • Pushkin in translation is difficult. Do you have any favorite quote?
    • I remember one, but I think it is from Tolstoy. Upon the brink of a wild stream he stood and dreamed a mighty dream.
    • It is Pushkin.
    • What, I fucked up? Ok, Pushkin then.
    • Favorite movie?
    • Moskva slezam nye verit.
    • Good choice. Favorite celebrity?
    • Alla Pugacheva. I love her. Just because I'm an old Russian woman in the bottom of my heart. And Sergei Lazarev.
    • An old Russian woman?
    • Many of my friends are old Russian ladies. My coaches, their friends, my dentist and her friends. We love to talk to each other about the bags and coats, how to make Russian salad...
    • Here you are, the next question: favorite Russian dish.
    • My mother-in-law makes an incredibly delicious pirozhki with chicken. I like Oliver salad and caviar very much.
    • Favorite Russian athlete?
    • Zhenya, Irina Slutskaya and Svetlana Khorkina, the gymnast. I love her. Diva!

BEING BORIS YELTSIN
    • I am trying to imagine a Russian athlete who loves America as you love Russia. I think he would have hard times. And how do you feel being a Russophile in America?
    • Americans often ask me the same question that you asked, "Why? Where does it come from?" It is interesting. And in Russia, I think, a person like me would be teared apart without a chance to explain himself. But I must say that I did a lot of stupid things. For example, wearing a sweater with the words "Soviet Union" during the warm-up in Turin. It was a gift from Tatyana Totmianina - just like a talisman. Probably, the federation would be more happy if I was speaking English and not Russian to my coach in the Kiss and Cry.You never know who am I discussing it in front of cameras? And there were a lot more things that didn't make people happy. But in general, people like the fact that I represent America at its best quality - the freedom to be who I want and to love what I want.
    • And do many people in America like it?
    • Well, not all, of course. But I blame myself. I used to be very aggressive non-conformist, just threw it people in the face. Not understanding what a resonance it may cause. I went to the Olympics in Turin without any idea how many people would look at me. And, of course, many people reacted very harshly. There were even threats of physical harm. I had to register in hotels under fake names. I often used the name "Boris Yeltsin".
    • How did they threaten you? Called?
    • Called, wrote. Once I received a fax with a threat: "Be a man and die." The reason was my costume that featured fur. People protesting against fur are sick in the head... Even now I get all kinds of things. Religious groups, homophobes... What is worse,it's when people try to get me. Now, for example, there is a fan that follows me. Absolutely sick person. Threaten me, Voronov, a friend of mine, whom she is convinced is my mistress. Hard to deal with crazies...
    • By the way... you know, Russia is a very homophobic country. Does it affect your love for all the things Russian?
    • It hurts me that people like me cannot live a normal life in Russia. It pains me that those who defend their rights in Russia are immediately silenced... But what to do? Being gay - it's not an American culture, and not Russian, not Chinese, not any other. There is about the same number of us everywhere. If I had a choice, I would not even think: I would lead a life of a straight man and no problem. It's so much easier! But I have no choice, and no one else does. Yes, it hurts me that Russia does not recognize my life and hates it. But I still love Russia. I would still live in Russia if I could. At least in Moscow.
    • You don't have problems in Moscow and St. Petersburg?
    • Never did! Never! well, there was one time in Moscow when they tried to steal my bag. I went once to a gay bar in Moscow. There were other skaters who went there just out of interest. Security there - wow. And they didn't turn the music on until three a.m., so as not to attract attention ... It's sad. Russia is becoming more modern, but in this respect it's the Middle Ages still. And there is no progress... But however much I feel like a Russian, I am not Russian and I cannot fight for anything in Russia.
    • Did your mother cry when you told her about yourself?
    • Of course. All parents, when they learn that their children are gay, immediately begin to blame themselves - as if it is some kind of mistake. But what could she do? I was like that since I was six... Now everything is great - with her, with Victor's parents. Even though I am not an easy person to deal with.

HORSES, LADY GAGA, "CHANEL"

• Have you ever tried to change your style of skating, to make it more masculine?
    • Of course I've tried. At one time I worked with Marina Anissina, Olympic champion of Salt Lake City in ice dancing. She came up with a very interesting program for me: in the short program, I was a chess piece, in the free I was Jesus. Marina wanted my skating to be modern, sharp, man-like. That is, to be less elegant and ballet. And I love exactly it. My idol is Mikhail Baryshnikov. In general, it did not work... In fact, it was a very lousy time in my life. There was a problem in my personal life, I was depressed, and it affected my skating badly.
    • As you say, you started skating at 12, which is extremely late. At the same time I have heard that you did axel during the first week.
    • I did! I looked on TV, then went on a frozen corn field near the house and jumped.
    • With a one foot landing?
    • All as it should be... What? I am from such part of America that I am not afraid of anything. I am afraid of sharks and big crowds. Spiders, too. Falling on the ice — no way. In Pennsylvania, there is so much snow and ice in the winter was that every winter the backside turns into a bruise. And before that I did equestrian sports.
    • Obstacles race?
    • Yes. And I was a kid. Sitting on an animal the size of a car and jump over obstacles - that was scary.
    • And how it went?
    • Very good... at first I was into soccer, but it was not for me. A team, bustle, sweat, kicking the ball... No thanks. Tried skiing, and then transferred to a horse. Came very close to the national team of my age, but once I discovered figure skating, all the rest went.
    • Lady Gaga gives you music. Are you friends with her?
    • To the extent it's possible to be friends with a superstar. She supports me and is interested in my career. One day I was sitting in her mother's restaurant, and she, her mother, told me, 'It would be great if you could skate to the Gaga's music "
    • Gaga?
    • No, of course, she called her Stephanie. In short, the mother called her daughter, and she sent me a the music piece.
    • And the costume is also going to be Gaga-style?
    • Maybe it should.
    • Judges will be delighted.
    • (Laughs) We'll see. I just want to have fun. If it will annoy people or make them think, laugh or cry — then it's good. Whether I win or finish in 20th place - who knows? But I will do exactly what I want and nothing else. Probably my time to win an Olympic medal is already gone. But to entertain people, to change my sport, to change my own opinion about myself
      I'm still capable of that.
    • Once you said that, when you skate you go to your dream world. And that you want to lead an audience there. What does your world look like?
    • It's like inside a cloud.There are sequins flying, and it smells of "Chanel number 5."
    • Somehow it doesn't surprise me.
    • This is my world. It is light, shiny and smells good.

piu22 发表于 2012-6-8 20:32:58 | 显示全部楼层

johnny is always so smart, sensitive and hilarious.
 楼主| 鱼类 发表于 2012-6-19 19:13:45 | 显示全部楼层
翻译:西瓜彪悍的假表

原文 http://ontd-skating.livejournal.com/1268176.html#cutid1
译文 http://www.52johnnyweir.com/viewthread.php?tid=2184

Johnny Weir:在我心里,我就是一个俄罗斯老妇女。

正如 Elena Vaitsekhovskaya所说:
千万别错过Slava Malamud采访Johnny呦!我非常喜欢这个采访。Slava能让即便再普通的采访内容变得活跃起来,有时她的采访让我分心。不过这个采访里,你绝对不能忽视Johnny的风趣,如果愿意的话,你可以在采访中添加自己的情趣,但Johnny依然会更闪亮!
三次全美冠军,花滑史上最“怪异”的运动员之一,俄罗斯控的美国人——Johnny——决定重返赛场,并参加索契冬奥会。
“我们用英语讲吧,”Johnny回应了我的“早上好”,他说,“我怕用俄语讲不好。我试过,但是犯了不少错误。俄语的语法太复杂了,全都学会我做不来。”
S:你能看懂俄语吗?
J:我能看懂还会写,我会看你们的报纸。
S:喜欢我们的报纸吗?
J:大部分都很喜欢。代我向Elena Vaitsehovskaya问好,我们已经认识很久了。

几个月前,Johnny突然宣布他要重归赛场,就好像他突然想起一件遗忘了很久的事情一样。也许他是想念那些体面又让人厌恶的裁判们了?毕竟没人能说这个花滑界的“大麻烦”近来安分了。不管怎样,他还是会不断给周围的人惊奇。
“这双鞋无论何时都是最好的运动鞋!”一个经过我们桌子的女人说,并且指了指Johnny的鞋子——黑色的运动鞋,上面镶满金属铆钉。Johnny谢了她的称赞。这个女人认为有必要让Johnny知道她并没有在开玩笑,这双鞋真的是最好的鞋子,从来都是。她没有具体说自己怎样认真地研究过运动鞋的历史,不过Johnny也没反对她的话。在某种程度上,这个女人不过是更想要表达自己的观点而已。
如今的Johnny是一个开放而友好的人,他并不隐藏自己的性取向,也不避讳他出柜引发的后果。不久前他结婚了,当然是和一个俄罗斯人。现在他的名字是Johnny Weir-Voronov。他养了一只小狗,叫ArtemViktorovich Weir-Voronov。你的狗狗有姓吗?要是没有,恭喜你,你不是Johnny,而且也许你也没有他穿的那种鞋。

鱼缸里的凤凰
S:你回归赛场的事情怎么样了?
J:已经进行了很久了。我的短节目和自由滑都确定下来了,现在我在练四周跳。而且,我还要减掉几磅体重,夏天会有形体训练,这能让我恢复身形。
S:有没有一些新的事情让你痛苦的?
J:没什么,想起来的都是我已经忘了的事。但是你知道,我年龄更大了,训练的方法也更难了,是有策略的训练。
S:你说你的节目已经准备好了。
J:差不过好了。我们还没有完善细节,但是基础的已经做好了。
S:你能不能给我们讲讲你的节目,比如音乐什么的。保密吗?
J:音乐很特别。我只能说Lady Gaga亲自给了我短节目的音乐。
S:真的?
J:真的。短节目会很酷。至于长节目,我打算仿效五六十年代的花滑选手,那时候的长节目比较长,包含了几段音乐。我也会这么做,但是会演出和速度。我的节目里会有不同的古典音乐片段,一些大家耳熟能详的音乐。长节目的主题是“凤凰”,浴火重生。
S:和你自己的经历类似?
J:很多类似,我要在冰场上讲述我自己的故事。
S:你遵循自己的意愿,离开了冰场两年。你想吃什么就吃什么,想干什么干什么。是什么让你重返冰场呢?
J:我特别高兴我离开了两年。我要走出滑冰的世界,过一点没有滑冰的生活。花样滑冰就想一个大鱼缸一样。
S:鱼缸?
J:对,鱼缸。你就像生活在玻璃后的鱼一样。每个人都能看到你,每个人都知道你的事情,绯闻无时无刻不在。估计冰球也是这样。总体来说,我逃离了这种生活,而且很开心。我结婚了,我的生活非常美好。我发现滑冰不是我唯一能做的事情,我也不仅仅为了滑冰而活。这就是我重返赛场的原因:我回来因为我想回来,不是因为我别无选择。

Tarasova奶奶
S:那么你在冰上会是什么样呢?我们会看到以前的Johnny还是看到新的Johnny?
J:我希望人们看到一个更聪明的我。年轻时,会犯很多各种各样的错误——除了犯错还能指望年轻人干点别的什么?我特别情绪化,只按自己想的做,不理会别人。如果一个人是这样的话,那他就把自己囚禁在壳里了,等到你倒霉的时候,没人管你——因为没人能让你从那个壳里出来。我现在不要那么做。每一件我能为美国花滑所做的事情,我都已经做了。如果这次我所做的完全没用,我会静静离开这项运动,并且快乐的生活。所以说,新的Johnny会更冷静也更放松。我希望这能让我成为一个比以前更强大的选手。
S:你确定这会有用?要是你获胜的决心消失了怎么办?
J:我从来没像现在这样准备好了去战斗。我不是一个斗士,像普鲁申科那样的,他每场比赛都拼命战斗。也许因为他是个俄罗斯人,而我是个美国人,美国人不像俄罗斯人一样经受痛苦,为每件事儿奋斗。又或者我本来就不是个斗士,不是那种恨不得把对手割喉也要获胜的人。在俄罗斯,人们热爱冰球,或者说是精神上的冰球:得分,协助团队等等。而对于花样滑冰来说,你的命运就在14个完完全全的、比你老很多的人手中,我不能很好的应付这一事实。
S:GeorgeForeman有次对我说,俄罗斯的拳击手比美国拳击手更渴求、更愤怒。
J:俄罗斯的花滑也是这样,甚至比拳击更严重。特别是老的苏维埃教练们。要么获胜,要么你什么都不是。
S:你第一次遇见这样的训练有没有很震惊?Tatiana Tarasova肯定不是个温柔的人。
J:这正是我所需要的。你知道,我第一个教练,Priscilla Hill,已经教会我每样东西。但是她是一个很有爱、很温柔的人,甚至有点过头了。而Tarasova对我很严格。但是在冰场外,她就像奶奶一样:给我好吃的,给我梳头发。GalinaZmievskaya也是这样:在冰上,她是世界上最严厉最难相处的人,而在平时的生活中,我们的关系很融洽很美妙。
S:是什么让俄罗斯的花滑训练如此特别,你怎么认为的呢?像俄罗斯人那样滑冰意味着什么?
J:这个我能解释,因为我很认真的研究了俄罗斯的训练,甚至小时候我在电视上就研究过了。最主要是的俄罗斯花滑很富有戏剧性,而美国人的花滑动作就比较保守。俄罗斯花滑全是关乎戏剧的:服装、音乐、技巧。至于在冰球上,俄罗斯人崇尚速度,他们四肢活动幅度很大,而美国人则缩手缩脚的。
S:以前你会给你的服装起名字。
J:别担心,我还是跟以前一样古怪。如果要给我的节目或者衣服起名字,我还是会这么做。为什么不找点乐子呢?最糟糕的就是对每件事都太严肃。做一件不能给自己带来快乐的事情,你的目的是什么?
S:人们印象中你越来越怪了。
J:越来越怪?不是,我本来就是个古怪的人,别管这个。
S:但别人会这么认为。
J:花滑是一个很古老的运动。更准确来说,我觉得不是古老而是衰老。规则很传统,裁判年纪也很大,并且他们对同性恋运动员也没什么兴趣。尽管花滑在美国被认为是最“基”的运动。花滑界保持沉默,不冒犯任何人。但是我早就决定,人生中没有什么比“做自己”更重要的了。碰巧的是,一方面我觉得没必要总是取悦准侧,另一方面,我再清楚不过我的运动生涯就由这些准则所影响。

给我淋浴,给普鲁申科白金奖牌
S:如果裁判公正的话,你觉得你在2010年冬奥会能拿第几?
J:额,你知道过了多久我才有勇气去看其他运动员的比赛吗?温哥华冬奥会让我心碎了。我特别消沉,几乎对花滑失去了兴趣。温哥华是我的巅峰时刻,没错,是我生命中的最高点。那是最激昂、最振奋、最美好的时刻。在人们及其热情的欢呼中,我走下冰场。分数一出来,我是第六名。我当时想,哇,那其他人滑的怎么样?然后,记者们走向我,跟我说:这个人摔倒了,那个人在节目中间停下来还摔在了冰上,另一个人非常激动大鼻孔忽闪忽闪跟尔康一样。为什么我拿不到更好地名次?差不过过了七八个月我才看了正常比赛,那时候我已经比较淡定了。我觉得我应该是第三名。
S:看起来你抗击打力比普鲁申科要好。
J:那是当然!
S:他拿了银牌,那你怎么看待?
J:花滑占据了生命的全部,不留余地。普鲁申科在都灵冬奥会后退役了三年,他在花滑竞争最激烈的时候回来,肯定不是为了一个银牌,是吧?你每天都只想着这件事,每天起床就是为了这件事,而最终却它却没有实现,任何人都会沮丧的。事实上,我和普鲁申科的关系比和雷鸟亲密得多,也更加支持他。当然,他在美国媒体这边形象不咋地。但是每个人都有自己应对挫折的方式。比如Galina,在我拿了第六名之后,跑去麦当劳吃薯条。对她来说,能纵容自己做出这样的事情一定是特别特别难过。我在淋浴间里大哭了一场。而普鲁申科开始说什么白金奖牌。每个人都有自己应对的方式。
S:你和雷鸟的关系,在他成了奥运冠军之后,还是很僵持吗?
J:我好久都没见到他了。我们俩关系不好主要是媒体说的,当然还有美国冰协。毫无疑问,我们都不喜欢对方。但是我结婚的时候,他在第一批恭喜我的人里边,我吓了一跳。很显然,我们都长大了。我们不必喜欢对方,但我现在更加尊重他取得的成就。
S:你现在决定归赛了。你觉得你会有更好的机会吗?裁判有没有变得开明一点?
J:我觉得他们开明了,我希望是。但如果不是,我也不会悲伤到疯狂。而且,美国冰协现在对我比以前好多了。很显然他们意识到我能保持美国花滑在大众中受欢迎。Evan得了奥运会冠军,但是没人记得他是谁。而我,能让这项运动流行起来。我希望美国冰协能让我去我要去的比赛,告诉我怎么滑冰才能让裁判喜欢,而不是仅仅让观众喜欢。过去两年,我只要扭扭屁股人们就会为我鼓掌。
S:你觉得你能让裁判满意吗?
J:很难。普鲁申科归赛的时候就很难。而我也没他那么受欢迎。但是没什么好抱怨的。在美国,人们喜欢我赞赏我,冰协知道我受欢迎,也知道他们需要我。

这丫从哪儿来的俄罗斯感伤
S:索契冬奥会的时候,照花滑的标准看你已经是个老人了,如果你真能去比赛的话。
J:对,那时候我29了。但是我12岁才开始滑冰!所以,我有17年经验。但是我的很多对手两岁就开始滑冰了,因此他们能让自己的身体服从压力,比我能坚持的时间长。我为什么不去索契呢?美国花滑这么弱。
S:你对索契有什么期待?
J:那是个比赛,就意味着我去那里为了赢得比赛。还能有什么?你去了,知道你不会赢,那你还去干嘛?在家呆着得了。但是我还是很高兴能去索契,三届奥运会是了不起的成就。
S:特别是你还那么爱俄罗斯。
J:那当然!俄罗斯是我的灵感。这一点体现在我的教练上、音乐上,还有文化和花滑方式上。在俄罗斯结束我的滑冰生涯是我的梦想。另外,我会以新的名字参赛,Weir-Voronov。
S:你对俄罗斯的热爱是哪儿来的?你是在宾夕法尼亚的乡村里长大的,那有很多艾米什人,几乎没有俄罗斯人。
J:我也不知道。简单来说,它就在我的身体里。有人因为某些原因喜欢数学。有人突然就爱好上什么东西。我五岁的时候就无可救药爱上俄罗斯了。这个国家什么样?为什么美国人不喜欢它?为什么红场上有那么多美丽的建筑?共产主义是什么?我对这些问题特别感兴趣。
S:还有呢?你觉得俄罗斯文化中令你最惊异的是什么?
J:就算是最苦难的俄罗斯人,没有钱,没有工作,也会表现的他就是普京一样。这很“俄罗斯”,总是那么霸气。我崇尚这一点。在美国,人们总是怕些什么,怕冒犯别人,让别人不爽。俄罗斯人不在乎这些。好像他们就是世界之王,让每个人都知道。其实俄罗斯的历史和吸引我,非常浪漫,跌宕起伏。红场是世界上最美的地方,每次我到那里去,都让我觉得惊艳。
S:我觉得俄罗斯没那么多收藏大耳猴的人。
J:现在我家狗都有大耳猴了。
S:你有多少个?
J:日本人买下了大耳猴的版权,所以每次我去日本我都带一箱子大耳猴回来,各种颜色各种大小的。而且,日本人很有创造性,他们给大耳猴穿上各种衣服。我有穿冰鞋的大耳猴,还有穿着我的比赛服的大耳猴。我觉得我的大耳猴都能开五六个小学了。
S:这玩具挺奇怪的,他自己唱歌。
J:但是很可爱啊,所以我才喜欢。没人知道他怎么进到一箱子橘子里边,但是人们喜欢他。
S:我来检测一下你对俄罗斯文化的了解。比如说,你最喜欢的俄罗斯书籍是什么?
J:我有一些普希金的诗,我经常随身带着。
S:普希金的作品很难翻译的。你有没有最喜欢的诗句?
J:我想起来一个,但我觉得是托尔斯泰的。“那里,在寥廓的海波之旁,他站着,充满了伟大的思想。”(普希金长诗《青铜骑士》,查良铮译西瓜注)
S:是普希金的是?
J:神马?!我弄错了。好吧,普希金。
S:最喜欢的电影?
J:《莫斯科不相信眼泪》。
S:不错。最喜欢的名人?
J:AllaPugacheva(一个俄罗斯女歌手 西瓜注)。我爱她,因为我内心深处就是个俄罗斯老女人。还有SergeiLazarev(谢尔盖拉扎列夫,一个俄罗斯当红的男歌手 西瓜注)。
S:你是个俄罗斯老女人?
J:我的好多朋友都是俄罗斯老女人。我的教练们,她们的朋友们,我的牙医和她的朋友们。我们很喜欢在一起讨论衣服和包包,怎么做俄式沙拉之类的。
S:说到这儿,下个问题:你最喜欢的俄罗斯菜?
J:我婆婆做俄式鸡肉馅饼超级好吃。我还喜欢橄榄沙拉和鱼子酱。
S:最喜欢的俄罗斯运动员?
J:普鲁申科,伊瑞娜斯鲁茨卡娅,霍尔金娜,体操运动员。我爱她,女王!

当“鲍里斯叶利钦”
S:我想象了一下一个俄罗斯运动员爱美国,就像你爱俄罗斯一样。我觉得他会过得很艰难。你感觉做一个有俄罗斯控的美国人怎么样?
J:美国人常常问我这个问题。“为什么?你的热爱从哪儿来的”这很有趣。我觉得,在俄罗斯,像我这样的人早就被撕碎了,都没有机会解释。但是我不得不说我干了好多蠢事。比如说我都灵冬奥会热身的时候穿了一件写着“苏联”的衣服。这是Tatyana Totmianina送我的,就像护身符一样。可能如果我和我的教练在等分区能说英语而不是说俄语,冰协会比较高兴。你不知道我在镜头前讨论谁?还有好多事情让人们不满。但是总的来说人们还是喜欢我展现了美国最好的品质——做自己的自由和爱我所爱的自由。
S:美国人喜欢吗?
J:一点不喜欢,必须的。但是我责备我自己。我过去特别有侵略性,也不顺服,还乱讲话。不懂这会有什么后果。我去参加都灵冬奥会的时候根本不知道人们怎么看待我。当然了,很多人反应过激,甚至还有人身威胁。我不得不用假名字登记酒店,我一般用“鲍里斯叶利钦”。
S:他们怎么威胁你,打电话吗?
J:打电话,写信。有次我收到一个传真威胁说:做个男人,然后去死。因为我的比赛服装上有狐狸毛。反对皮草的人脑袋都有坑!现在我也会收到威胁,宗教团体,恐同性恋的人等等。更糟糕的是,有人还想抓住我。比如说,有个粉丝老是跟着我,她绝对有病。她威胁我,我老公,还有我一个朋友,她觉得我的朋友是我情人!我这不知道拿这些疯子怎么办。
S:顺便说一下,俄罗斯是一个很恐同性恋的国家,会不会影响到你对俄罗斯的热爱?
J:那些像我一样的人在俄罗斯不能过正常的生活,这让我很受伤。在俄罗斯那些为自己权利斗争的人很快就销声匿迹了,让人心痛。但是怎么办?身为同性恋,不是美国文化的一部分,不是俄罗斯的,也不是中国或者任何一个地方的文化。在别的地方,也有数量相当的同性恋者。如果我有的选,我想都不会想就会选择做个直男,不会有任何麻烦。这多简单!但是我没得选,别人也没得选。没错,在俄罗斯人们不认可我的生活并痛恨它,太受伤了。但我还是爱俄罗斯。要是可以,我会一直住在俄罗斯,至少住在莫斯科。
S:你在莫斯科和圣彼得堡没有麻烦吗?
J:从来没有!有次在莫斯科有人想偷我包来的。有一次在莫斯科,我去一个gay吧,还有别的滑冰运动员因为感兴趣也去了。哇,那儿戒备森严。直到半夜三点,他们才开始放音乐,以免引起注意。太悲哀了。俄罗斯现在越来越现代,但是在这方面还是中世纪的的样子,没有进步。但是不管我觉得自己多像一个俄罗斯人,我毕竟不是俄罗斯人,也不能争取任何东西。
S:*妈知道你是同性恋的时候哭了吗?
J:哭了。所有的父母,当他们知道自己的孩子是同性恋,就会马上责备自己——好像这是错误一样。但是她能坐什么呢?我六岁的时候就这样了。现在一切都很好,对她和我岳父母来说都很好。尽管我不是一个很好搞定的人。

马,Lady Gaga,“香奈儿”
S:你有没有尝试过改变你滑冰的风格?男人一点。
J:当然试过。有次我和 Marina Anissina,盐湖城冬奥会冠军,合作。她提出一个很有趣的节目:短节目里我扮演棋王,长节目里我扮演耶稣。Marina想让我滑的很现代,很犀利,很男人。也就是说,不那么精巧,不那么像芭蕾舞。我确实很喜欢这个节目。我的偶像是 Mikhail Baryshnikov。但是这没有用。实际上那段时间特别糟糕,我的私人生活出了点问题,我很消沉,于是就影响到我滑冰了。
S:就像你说的,你12岁开始滑冰,已经很晚了。我听说在那时候你第一个礼拜就会做axel了是吗?
J:我做到了!我在电视上看,然后跑到我家附近结冰的玉米地里,就开始跳。
S:单脚落地?
J:就像应该是的那样。什么?我从美国一个这样的地方来的,我怕什么!我怕鲨鱼,怕人群,怕蜘蛛,怕摔在冰上,不可能!在宾夕法尼亚,一到冬天到处都是冰啊雪啊的,屁股都摔青了。而且在这以前,我学过马术。
S:障碍赛?
J:对。我那时候是小孩子,坐在一个汽车那么大的动物上边,跳过障碍,很吓人。
S:马术怎么样?
J:很好。最开始我打橄榄球,但是不适合我。一队人,各种喧嚣,满身都是汗,踢那个球。算了吧。后来尝试了滑雪,又学了马术。差不多进了国家队了。但是我一开始滑冰,其他的都浮云了。
S:LadyGaga给你音乐,你俩是朋友吗?
J:就这方面说,和巨星交朋友是可能的。她支持我,对我的事业很感兴趣。有一天我在她妈妈的餐厅里,她妈妈说:“你要是能滑Gaga的歌就太好了。”
S:Gaga?
J:不是,她叫她Stephanie。简单说就是她妈妈给她打了个电话,然后她给了我她的歌。
S:那你的服装也会是Gaga风格的吗?
J:可能是吧。
S:裁判会很高兴的。
J:(笑)我们等着瞧。我就是想好玩。要是它能让人不爽,或是让人思考、笑或者哭,那就太好了!我能不能获胜,或是拿个20名什么的,谁知道。但是我会做我想做的事情,没别的了。或许我能拿到奥运会奖牌的时期已经过了。但是我是为了能让人们开心,改变花滑,改变我对于自己的看法,这些我能做到。
S:有一次你说,你滑冰的时候就进入到自己梦想的世界,你还想把观众带入到你的世界里。那你的世界是什么样的呢?
J:就好像在云朵里面,有小亮片在飞,还有香奈儿五号的香味。
S:不知道为什么,这个没让我觉得很惊奇。
J:这是我的世界。它很轻盈,闪闪发光,香气宜人。

评分

参与人数 1体力 +5 人气 +1 收起 理由
steffi522 + 5 + 1 辛苦辛苦

查看全部评分

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表