PJ Kwong的十佳评选系列

[复制链接]
Liesel810 发表于 2013-1-13 11:25:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Img248035629.jpg

PJ Kwong是加拿大花样滑冰评论员和教练员,近年来主要在加拿大CBC电视台工作。在评论节目之余,也会撰写有关花样滑冰的评论。最近,她总结了自己心目中的经典节目,分门别类的做了“十佳评选系列”。现将有关申赵、陈露和张张的部分翻译如下,水平不够之处还望指正:(感谢@东京彩虹的搜索)

评分

参与人数 1体力 +10 人气 +1 贡献 +10 收起 理由
东京彩虹 + 10 + 1 + 10 辛苦了~~

查看全部评分

楼主| Liesel810 发表于 2013-1-13 11:28:13 | 显示全部楼层
Pj'sTop 10: Noteworthy national champions
PJ的十佳评选:值得注意的十大全国冠军

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figures ... onal-champions.html

In the flurry of the GrandPrix season, it's hard to imagine that many of the skaters are also workingtoward their national championships. Nationals are where many countries decidewho will represent them at the European, Four Continents or worldchampionships.

在鸡血的GP赛程中,真是难以想象还有许多运动员能同时为参加本国的锦标赛而努力训练。许多国家是以全国锦标赛的结果来决定谁将代表本国参加欧锦、4CC和世锦赛的。

In the coming weeks both Canada and the United States will host their national championships, while Russia and Japan, to name a couple, havealready decided theirs.

接下来几个星期,加拿大和美国都将举办全锦赛。而俄罗斯和日本已经决定了谁将在国际大赛中出赛。

So it's a good time to list my top 10 noteworthynon-Canadian national champions (I'll have a list of the top Canadian champscloser to the start of nationals later this month).

所以说,现在是时候将我心目中的非加拿大籍的十佳全国冠军介绍给大家了(本月晚些时候我会把十佳加拿大冠军放出来。。。。。)

There are so many skaters with outstandingnational records that it was difficult to narrow the field to just 10 for thislist.

名额只有十个,记录却有很多。从那么多表现优秀的选手中选出十个来是多么的困难啊。

In each case, the skaters demonstrated that theywere not only solid national champions but worthy of being on the world stage.The goal for me was to identify champions from the last 15 years or so.

下面的十个选手们,他们已经证明了自己不仅是内战内行,外战也同样内行。我的选择范围是近15年的选手。

So, in no particular order, here are my top 10noteworthy non-Canadian national champions (click on each skater's name forvideo of them in action):

好了,排名不分先后,下面就是我的值得注意的十大全国冠军。

Evgeni Plushenko (Russia)

Career highlights: 10-time national, 7-time European, 3-time worldchampion; 2006 Olympic gold medallist.

I have said it before: Plushenko reminds me of amodern-day gladiator. Battered and bruised by injuries and surgeries, hecontinues to persevere with his eye on Sochiin 2014. He is over 30 and is competing against much younger men. His determinationdefines him as a champion.

Michelle Kwan (United States)

Career highlights: 9-time national, 5-time world, 1994 junior worldchampion; 2-time Olympic medallist.

The first time I remember seeing Kwan was at the1996 world championships in Edmonton,which she won. Kwan didn't always win, but for whatever reason hers is stillthe name that first jumps into our collective head as one of the sport'sgreatest female skaters.

Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao (China)

申雪赵宏博(中国)

Career highlights: 8-time national, 3-time world champions; 2-timeOlympic bronze medallists, 2010 Olympic champions.

职业生涯亮点:8次全国冠军、3次世锦赛冠军、2次冬奥会季军以及2010年冬奥会冠军。

When I first heard that Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhaowere coming out of retirement for the 2010 Olympic season, I was as excited asanybody. They had started out as very athletic and blossomed into a team asexpressive as any that had ever skated as far as I am concerned.Their ultimate "lifetime achievement award' came in Vancouver when they won the Olympic title in2010.
当我第一次听到申赵将要为了2010年而复出的时候,我和许多人一样激动。他们以技术型起家,成长为我迄今为止看到过的最具有表现力的双人滑选手之一。他们最终在温哥华获得的金牌也像是一种“终身成就奖”。

Daisuke Takahashi (Japan)

Career highlights: 5-time national, 2-time Four Continents, 2010 world champion;2010 Olympic bronze medallist.

Takahashi has perhaps the most passionate fansin figure skating. With the right material, he has the ability to take fansalong with him during his program. His free skate from the 2010 season to NinoRota's La Strada was one of those programs.

Yu-Na Kim (South Korea)

Career highlights: 4-time national, 3-time Grand Prix Final, 2006 juniorworld, 2009 Four Continents, 2009 world champion; 2010 Olympic gold medallist.

The funny thing is there was always a segment ofspectators who would miss the first half of the free programs at worlds back inthe day, hoping to avoid watching athletes from weaker skating countries like South Korea.That all changed with Yu-Na Kim. What remains to be seen is whether Kim is thestart of a Korean skating dynasty or simply a glorious anomaly.

Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy(Germany)

Career highlights:
7-timenational, 4-time European, 4-time world champions; 2010 Olympic bronzemedallists.

The German pairs champions have won theirnational title every time they have entered since first becoming a team in the2004 season. Accomplished technicians, they hook me every time they skate tosomething relatable like this exquisite program in 2009 to Schindler's List.

Irina Slutskaya (Russia)

Career highlights: 4-time national, 7-time European, 4-time Grand PrixFinal, 2-time world champion; 2-time Olympic medallist.

Slutskaya's athleticism was second to none. Shewas the first woman to land a triple Lutz/triple loop combination incompetition. Her technique set her apart. Outstanding elements like her seriesof 3-turns into a triple loop are easy to recall even after so much time.

Lu Chen (China)

Career highlights: 10-time national, 1995 world champion; 2-time Olympicbronze medallist

This is a program that can still move me totears. Chen had finished a disastrous 25th at worlds in 1997 and had to qualifya spot for Chinaat a pre-Olympic fall event as a result. People had written her off as acontender for an Olympic podium finish. She was in fourth after the shortprogram and had one of the best performances of her life, resulting in a bronzefor the second time at the Olympics in 1998. Talk about vindication.

职业生涯亮点:10次全国冠军、95世锦冠军、2届冬奥会季军
这个节目始终让我泪流满面。陈露在97年的世锦赛上以灾难性的第25名收场,所以还得在奥运赛季的落选赛中给中国队挣个名额。大家觉得她肯定上不了冬奥会的领奖台了。她短节目结束后排名第四,而在自由滑中她滑出了她最好的节目,获得了98年冬奥会的第三名。

Isabelle Delobel and OlivierSchoenfelder (France)

Career highlights: 7-time national, 2007 European, 2008 world champions

I always liked the creative risks that Delobeland Schoenfelder took in their programs. Remarkably, in 11 consecutive worldsappearances, they made it to the podium only once, and that was as worldchampions in 2008.

Tatiana Malinina (Uzbekistan)

Career highlights: 10-time national, 1999 Grand Prix Final, 1999 FourContinents champion

The 1998-99 campaign was a Cinderella season forMalinina. As a relatively unknown skater, she won the Grand Prix Final and theFour Continents titles and finished in fourth at worlds. It was almost as ifthe stars had aligned for her in that season only. At the time it felt as ifshe was on the rise, when in fact we were witnessing the pinnacle of herskating career.  She put Uzbekistanon the figure skating map but was never able to duplicate her success, retiringat the end of the 2001-02 season.

评分

参与人数 2体力 +10 人气 +6 贡献 +15 收起 理由
鱼类 + 5 + 5 辛苦翻译
东京彩虹 + 10 + 1 + 10 辛苦了!!!!

查看全部评分

楼主| Liesel810 发表于 2013-1-13 12:47:56 | 显示全部楼层
Pj'sall-time top 10: PairsPj 永远的十佳选手:双人
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figures ... e-top-10-pairs.html

Trying to come up with my top 10 pairsof all-time and then ranking them has given me a headache! There are so manymore teams that could be included on this list than my buddies in CBC weblandhave given me slots. In any event, here are is my list.

想要排出我心目中的十佳双人选手真让我头疼!

(按:其实大家也是很头疼的,恩)其实有许多人可以上这个单子,不过我们CBC主页君只给了我这点地方。我所选的不限于任何比赛,以下为清单:

Agree with myrankings? Disagree? Feel free to set me straight with your own top 10. I wantto hear from you! Leave your comments at the bottom of this page or give me ashout on Twitter.(click on the names of the skaters to watch video of them in action)
1. Ludmila Belousova and Oleg Protopopov , USSR (Two-time Olympic champions in1964  and '68, four- time world champions)

The husband and wife team, known as the Protopopovs, are thegrandparents in my mind of modern pairs skating. Elegant and athletic, theywere the first team from the Soviet Union towin gold at the Olympics in 1964. The Soviets', and subsequent Russian, Olympicgold-medal streak would last an additional 42 years until 2006, the longest inOlympic history.

2. Irina Rodnina and Akexander Zaitsev, USSR (Olympic champions 1976 and 1980,six-time world champions)
The genius of Irina Rodnina as a pairs skater is legendary. Shecompeted first with Alexei Ulanov until 1972; winning one Olympic title in 1972and four world titles. She then went on to compete with Alexander Zaitsev andwin the next two Olympic titles in 1976 and 1980, along with six more worldtitles.
Here's an interesting story: in 1973 at the worlds in Bratislava, the music forRodnina and Zaitsev's free program mysteriously stopped part of the waythrough. The pair continued skating in perfect unison to silence. My mother,who was in the building as a spectator, said the referee was trying wildly toget the skaters' attention to get them to stop. They kept skating and earned astanding ovation at the end of their program and subsequently won the title.The image of Rodnina and Zaitsev flying around the rink in Munich in 1974 at the world championships atbreakneck speed was beyond impressive and was permanently etched on my teenagedspectator brain.

3. Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov, Russia (Two-time Olympic champions in 1988and 1994, four time world champions)
The first time I sawthis remarkable team was from the stands in 1990 in Halifaxat the worlds, where they took the title. The time that resonates most for mewas in their comeback season on their way to their second Olympic title in1994. The stage was set in Ottawaat Skate Canada in 1993 and from my announcer's rinkside seat I can tell youthat they were magical. Their connection was so strong that I almost felt likeI was intruding on a private moment.
There isn't a skating person out there who doesn't know where they were whenthey heard the news on Nov. 20, 1995 that Grinkov had collapsed and died whilepractising on the ice. He died of a massive heart attack caused by a congenitaland undetected defect at the age of 28, leaving his 24-year-old wife andpartner, and their three-year-old daughter, Daria.

4. Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, China (2010 Olympic champions, three timeworld champions)

申雪赵宏博,中国(2010年冬奥会冠军,3次世锦赛冠军)

Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao are the firstChinese pair to have won Olympic gold. I remember seeing them for the firsttime at worlds in 1996 in Edmonton where I was thePA announcer for the pairs event. They were rough and raw but were equallydynamic. Unfortunately, their best performance was left in practice that year.I passed Lloyd Eisler backstage and told him I had been watching future worldchampions. He said "It'll never happen." It didn't - until 2002 thatis in Nagano, Japan.

申雪赵宏博是中国第一对获得奥运会冠军的双人滑运动员。我记得第一次见到他们是在96年的埃德蒙顿世锦赛上,我是那时的播音员。他们那时很粗糙,需要打磨,但两个人都充满了活力。不幸的是,那次他们只是在训练时发挥出了节目的最好水平。我在后台遇到了Lloyd Eisler(按:94年冬奥会双人滑季军,出自维基百科),告诉他我刚刚在看未来的世界冠军滑冰。他说永远不可能。但是,在2002年的日本长野,这的确变成了现实。

Artur Dmitriev is theonly other skater aside from Irina Rodnina to win Olympic gold with twodifferent partners.  He competed with Natalia Mishkutenok from 1987 to1994, winning the Olympics in 1992 and Olympic silver in 1994, plus two worldtitles. Skating with Oksana Kazakova from 1994 until 1998, they took the Olympictitle in 1998.  
With both partners, Dmitriev's charm and passion reached way up into theaudience.  All skating aside his old world way of kissing his partner'shand as a thank you gesture was positively disarming!

6. Elena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikharulidze, Russia (2002 Olympic champions, 1998 Olympicsilver medallists, two-time world champions)
Before skating with Sikharulidze, Berezhnaya skated for Latvia withOleg Shliakov. In a spin mishap in early 1996,  Shliakov's blade crackedopen Berezhnaya's skull, leaving her initially unable to speak and temporarilyparalyzed while she recovered.  By late 1996, she started skating withSikharulidze and by 1998 they won their first of two consecutive world titles.In person their speed, unison and technical wizardry made me stop what I wasdoing to watch them.

7. Jamie Sale and David Pelletier, Canada(2002 Olympic champions, 2001world champions)
I am a sucker for a love story. Watching Sale and Pelletier's choreography to thesoundtrack of the same name was one of those rare times when time stood still.It is an iconic Lori Nichol program. Whenever I hear this music used in skatingby someone else, I want to whisper gently in their ear: 'This music has beenretired. Do yourself a favour and find something else to skate to."

8. Isabelle Brasseur and Lloyd Eisler, Canada (Two-time Olympic bronze medallists in1992 and '94, 1993 world champions)
There is something about Brasseur and Eisler's athleticism thatwas always so exciting. I remember seeing them as competitors and marvelling atelements like their lateral twist, which was huge. Their relationship reflectedtheir commitment to a common goal and they respected what each offered to thepartnership. They connected on the ice without being 'connected,' which was themagic of this team.

9. Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy, Germany (2010 Olympic bronze medallists,three-time world champions)
Savchenko and Szolkowy represent a new breed of pairs skaterrevered for their technical prowess. I have been critical in the past of theirlack of connection on the ice with the exception of their Out of Africa freeprogram, which marries their technical side with an emotion worthy of any Hollywood masterpiece. I can watch it again and again. Itleaves me wanting more from this team.

I will likely be accused of bias by including Underhill andMartini in this list. I can live with that. They are included because theyrepresent to me the best lesson that sport can teach an athlete. It isn'talways about the results. It's about the journey. Hard work does count forsomething and perseverance is key.  Hats off to Underhill and Martini fornot throwing in the towel when faced with numerous disastrous skating results.Their victory in Ottawain 1984 was that much sweeter.

楼主| Liesel810 发表于 2013-1-13 13:07:29 | 显示全部楼层
Pj's Top 10 Performances: Pairs
PJ的十佳节目:双人

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figures ... ormances-pairs.html

Figure skating pairs mirror the challenges and successes that we all share. There are lots of worthy pairs from generations before mine, but I wanted to focus on skaters that I've actually seen. This final installment of my top 10 lists of favourite performances may have been the toughest one of all.

和我们一样,双人滑的选手们一起面对着挑战,彼此分享成功的喜悦。在我的时代之前涌现出很多值得上这个榜单的选手,但我想把目光放在我亲眼见过的选手上。这张榜单是我搞这个系列以来最难搞的了。

Agree? Disagree? Feel free to set me straight with your own top 10. I want to hear from you! Leave your comments at the bottom of this page or give me a shout on Twitter @skatingpj.

1. Ekaterina Gordeeva & Sergei Grinkov (Russia), 1993 Skate Canada International, Moonlight Sonata free program

Gordeeva and Grinkov had already won one Olympic title in 1988, retired from competition, gotten married and had a baby. In the fall of 1993, they made a comeback to competition on their way to collecting their second Olympic gold in 1994. At Skate Canada they were superb. Their quality is hard to describe, and when paired with the music the term "legendary" isn't quite strong enough.  A scant two years later Grinkov would collapse on the ice during practice and die of a massive heart attack due to a congenital heart defect at the age of 28.

2. Xue Shen & Hongbo  Zhao (China), 2010 Olympics, Albinoni'sAdagio in G Minor free program

申雪赵宏博(中国)2010年冬奥会自由滑 G小调柔板

Like many people, when I heard that Shen and Zhao would be returning to competition for the 2009-10 Olympic season, I was thrilled. Their Olympic free may not have been flawless, but it still sticks in my memory. As much as the skating, I was taken with their return at 32 and 36 years of age, respectively. They captured the tenderness on the ice that they have for one another off the ice as husband and wife.

和许多人一样,当我听到申赵为了奥运会而复出的时候,我非常兴奋和激动。他们的奥运会自由滑并不是完美的,但却永远的留在了我的记忆之中。他们在32和36岁的复出抓住了我的心。他们把作为夫妇之间的那种情感也反映到了他们的节目之中。

3. Jamie Sale & David Pelletier (Canada), 2000 Canadian championships, Love Story free program

The Canadian championships were held in Calgary in 2000. When I heard that Sale and Pelletier were using Love Story, I didn't think it would be anything special. I thought that it would be another case of music playing in the background of a skating performance. I saw little bits and pieces during practice - enough that I wanted to see the program in competition. I still remember where I was standing in the arena when they skated. I didn't move from my spot or take my eyes of f them. It was sensational.  (Note: I couldn't find this performance on YouTube, so I've included a link to the same program from the Olympics in 2002)

4. Elena Berezhnaya & Anton Sikharulidze (Russia), 1998 world championships, Dark Eyes free program

I remember hearing the story of Berezhnaya's accident  with a former partner whose blade      sliced into her skull during side-by-side camel spins. By the time they won their first of two world titles in 1998, she had returned to the ice after brain surgeries and started a new partnership with Sikharulidze less than two years before. Their speed, line and amazing technical elements are enough to put them on this list. They have the added bonus of chemistry and her wide-eyed innocence to draw you in.

5. Dan Zhang & Hao Zhang (China), 2006 Olympics, The Offspring of Dragons free program

张丹张昊(中国),2006年冬奥会自由滑 龙的传人

In Turin at the Olympic Games, Zhang and Zhang took the ice for their free program. It was rumoured that they would be doing a throw quad Salchow. As we watched the windup we couldn't know that she would fall out of the throw on to her knees and into the boards. I can still see in my mind's eye Hao Zhang tenderly holding his partner as they tried to figure out if they could skate. They went on to win the silver medal. Dan Zhang spent the rest of her time in Italy on crutches.

2006年都灵冬奥会上,张张出场开始了他们的自由滑。之前有传闻说他们会用抛四。当看到(张昊)挥臂抛出(张丹)的时候,我们谁也没有想到她会摔得用膝盖着地,还碰到了挡板。我眼前仿佛还能浮现出张昊温柔的扶着他的搭档,试图确定他们能否继续下去的样子。之后,他们重新开始了比赛,并且获得了银牌。在意大利剩下的时间里,张丹得用拐杖走路。

6. Aliona Savchenko & Robin Szolkowy (Germany), 2010 world championships, Out of Africa free program

The three-time world champions from Germany are brilliant when it comes to working the judging system and maximizing their points. In this program they also demonstrated to me that they were able to express music and a theme. I am totally taken in by the subtlety and sophistication of their choreography.

7. Jessica Dube & Bryce Davison (Canada), 2008 world championships, The Blower's Daughter free program

The music, concept and choreography struck a chord with me. In 2008, Dube and Davison captured the bronze medal at worlds. I remember feeling a little sad when they skated, thinking that it would be the last time I would see this program. I called it the fastest 4:30 seconds in skating.

8. Tai Babilonia & Randy Gardner (United States), 1979 world championships, contemporary music free program

I loved the athleticism of this pair. Their clean lines and tremendous speed and their similar height gave them a different look from the other competitors of the day. At worlds in 1979 they became only the second American team to ever win the world title. Watching them at the Olympics in 1980 where they were favoured to win, I remember the shock and disappointment as it was announced after the warm-up they were withdrawing as a result of injury.

9. Barbara Underhill & Paul Martini (Canada),1984 world championships, Gershwin selections free program

Underhill and Martini had been so close on numerous occasions, only to have something unexpected throw them off their pace. In Ottawa at the world championships in 1984, they capped off what had been a disastrous season with a spectacular performance. There wasn't anyone in the rink that day or even watching on TV in Canada who wasn't pulling for them.

10. Isabelle Brasseur & Lloyd Eisler (Canada), 1990 world championships, contemporary music free program

Brasseur and Eisler were a great pair. Not only were they athletic to the point of being thrilling, but they had a way of capturing the spirit of their music. When they were good, they were very, very good. In 1990 it was good enough to put them on the podium for the first time at worlds as silver medallists.
红苹果 发表于 2013-1-14 08:46:39 | 显示全部楼层
希望庞清佟健也能入选。
郭郭 发表于 2013-1-15 22:08:04 | 显示全部楼层
怎么没有 2010年冬奥会 PT的自由滑呢
kev 发表于 2013-1-16 16:45:41 | 显示全部楼层
实至名归
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表