[资讯] 普鲁申科将以诽谤罪起诉欧体2台电视评论员

[复制链接]
mirror0208 发表于 2013-2-10 23:54:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Skater Plushenko sues TV commentator for defamation

Figure skating icon Yevgeny Plushenko has launched legal action for defamation against a Russian commentator for Eurosport for claiming that a recent operation was only a public relations stunt, his lawyer said Monday.

87EA19153DFDEA2F9896E7B2A1C24.jpg

Skater Plushenko sues TV commentator for defamation

Plushenko is suing the pan-European channel's Russian language commentator Andrei Zhurankov, the 2006 Olympic champion's lawyer Tatiana Akimtseva told RIA-Novosti news agency.

"Yevgeny made an official request to the police demanding to make the Eurosport commentator Zhurankov responsible for defamation," she said.

"He presented the evidence that all of Zhurankov's statements were nothing other than lies and slander."

The lawyer added that Zhurankov has still issued no apologies to Plushenko while the Interfax news agency said that police were already carrying out an initial check.

Three-time world champion and seven-time European champion Plushenko underwent spinal surgery on January 31.

He effectively retired from competition after the 2010 Vancouver Olympics but returned to the amateur circuit last year and won his 10th national title in December.

Last month Plushenko, 30, failed to win his eighth European title when he was forced to retire in Zagreb with a back injury, which forced him to undergo surgery in Israel on an intervertebral disc.

鱼类 发表于 2013-2-18 10:24:15 | 显示全部楼层

普鲁申科将以诽谤罪起诉欧体2台电视评论员

普鲁申科将以诽谤罪起诉欧体2台电视评论员Andrew Zhurankov。后者解说四大洲时认为普并没有动手术,退出欧锦赛只是公关手段。

鱼类 发表于 2013-2-18 10:25:15 | 显示全部楼层

鱼类 发表于 2013-2-18 10:25:48 | 显示全部楼层

Plushenko’s lawyer Tatiana Akimtseva on Monday, Feb. 11, outside of the Moscow district police station where they filed a formal defamation complaint against Andrei Zhurankov

Some figure skating fans may think Plushy is “overreacting” to Zhurankov’s words. I guess, I only wanted to summarize some words of Dr. Ilya Pekarsky, the surgeon who performed Plushy’s operation, and Dr. Igor Piatigorsky, the clinic director. I am a lay person when it comes to medicine, but I’ll try anyhow. (Sources here, and here). Plushy has been in pain from a herniated intervertebral disc in his lumbar spine for several years (wikipedia on spinal disc herniation), which he has tried to treat conservatively, including with three previous small procedures. Recently, he has been essentially living on painkillers. Surgery, which is normally a last resort when it comes to disc hernias, was decided on both because according to the MRI pictures, this disc appears to be by now in extremely bad shape, and also because he has begun to suffer not only severe pain, but also what would be called a “significant neurological deficit”: weakness and loss of feeling in his legs, especially the right one. When the operation began, Dr. Pekarsky discovered that the situation was in fact even much worse than the scans could have indicated: the disc in question was nearly completely destroyed, the spinal joint itself and the ligaments were also “in awful condition”, and in fact, there was a nearby second intervertebral disc that was also in bad condition, because of the shifted pressure. The nerves in control of his leg were being hard pressed against. Dr. Pekarsky removed his destroyed intervertebral disc, replaced it with a biopolymer one, and placed a “dynamic clamp” on the second disc. Because of all this, the operation, which normally would have taken about two hours, ended up lasting three and half hours. 

After the operation, Plushy admitted that 

Every morning when I woke up I always had to lay in hot water in the bathroom for around 20 minutes or sit in a hot shower, and then I could somehow start to walk. This constant rubbing, regular massages before each training session, after training, I was too tired from that.

When he was trying to land that 3A in Zagreb, he could not feel anything in his right leg, except a sharp pain from his spine to his hip. (TV news,English translation) According to Dr. Pekarsky, fortunately Evgeni “was not too late”, because in long-delayed cases, it’s possible that even surgery will no longer bring improvement. I tried to look up, at least a little, some of worst possible consequences of spinal disc herniation, and I saw words like permanent nerve damage, paralysis.

Sorry. I guess, what I’m trying to say is that he has literally tortured himself in order to compete, I really don’t know what other word to use for it. He has put himself at risks that I, merely as a fan, don’t want to even think about. This is how important skating is to him. And afterwards, after this major operation (which, by the way, was also not without risks in itself), to have all this called a lie and a fraud, not only on his own part but on the part of his entire team, not in some cheap gossip rag or blog, but on Eurosport, a major national television channel, during a major figure skating competition, by a commentator—that is, a person generally considered to be in an authoritative position when it comes to figure skating…I also saw some people calling him a “drama queen” for his reaction. Then I turn around and read what Plushenko has to say, and see him repeating these hopelessly outdated Nineteenth Century words like “honor” and “dignity”, and—well, I don’t even know anymore. Maybe it’s simply true that many people in this world would consider people who say such things drama queens. I don’t know. 

One might think that Zhurankov is just some isolated idiot and not worth the attention. Maybe. I am not Russian so I don’t really know how things really are.at this point. I am only wondering—if that is the case—why is it that one Israeli website, with its unsubstantiated (and in every way contrary to basic common sense) conclusions from its claims of having “called all the hospitals”, could get quoted by a dozen Russian media outlets. And why is it that people in the Russian skating world are being asked questions like “could Plushenko have faked his injury” by reporters.

Anyway, the damned picture I posted. There needs be no shame on Plushenko’s part for submitting these pictures of the fucking bolts in his spine, and for displaying them for all to see. These are his wounds from fighting for his country and fighting for his dream, and I believe it’s not a bad thing that others, some at least, take a good look at them. But the fact that it has come to a point where he feels he needs to submit them—to the police, no less—and to prove, to his own country, that yes, he really did have this injury, he really did have a total disc replacement operation…I don’t know what to say, I guess. Maybe there are some things I just won’t understand. 

丽丽熊 发表于 2013-2-18 11:29:19 | 显示全部楼层
囧,也不带这么胡诌的吧
johao1988 发表于 2013-2-18 12:21:49 | 显示全部楼层
支持起诉,一点职业操守都没有!
夜风1984 发表于 2013-5-28 11:15:38 | 显示全部楼层
Prosecutor throws out Plushenko slander complaint - source

11:17 21/05/2013

MOSCOW, May 21 (RAPSI) – The Moscow prosecutor’s office will not to pursue a criminal investigation against a television commentator who figure skating star Evgeny Plushenko claims slandered him earlier this year, a law enforcement source told RAPSI on Tuesday.

“The prosecutor’s office again quashed the decision not to institute criminal proceedings,” the source said.  The prosecutor’s office declined to comment on the matter Tuesday, according to the RAPSI.

Plushenko had attempted private prosecution after Russian police rejected a second slander complaint last month in the wake of Eurosport broadcaster Andrei Zhurankov's comments during the European Championships last January that the figure skating star faked back surgery in Israel after pulling out of the competition.

Plushenko withdrew from the championships in Zagreb because of injury after finishing six in the short program. His coach Alexei Mishin said the Olympic champion had a back disc replacement at an Israeli clinic.

Following unsourced reports in Israeli media that Plushenko lied about having surgery, Zhurankov said on the Russian television the figure skater’s alleged fakery was for public relations purposes.

“In my opinion, there was no such operation, and all this story, considering how it was presented in the mass media … all this looks like a strategy that is used for various PR actions in showbiz,” Zhurankov said.

Plushenko’s lawyer Tatyana Akimtseva told RAPSI her client intends to sue Zhurankov for defamation in the broadcaster’s home district of Nikulinsky, in Moscow.

Defamation has been a criminal offence in Russia since July, after President Vladimir Putin reversed its decriminalization in December, 2012, by then-President Dmitry Medvedev.

The offence carries a maximum fine of $165,000.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表