kassfin 发表于 2011-3-11 00:52:49 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

评分

参与人数 1体力 +5 收起 理由
pooool + 5 感谢即时消息

查看全部评分

本帖被以下淘专辑推荐:

TeenのsTeven 发表于 2011-3-11 01:19:14 | 显示全部楼层
Canadian pair Dube, Davison end partnership

Three-time Canadian pair champions Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison have ended their partnership after nine years as a team. The duo planned to compete this season, but was forced to sit out after Davison underwent knee surgery in October.

Three-time Canadian pair champions Jessica Dube and Bryce Davison have ended their partnership after nine years as a team. The duo planned to compete this season, but was forced to sit out after Davison underwent knee surgery in October.

Dube and Davison's best international result was a bronze medal from the 2008 World Championships. They had hoped to challenge for an Olympic medal at the Vancouver Games, but struggled with consistency during the Olympic season and finished sixth.

The pair may be most well know for a horrific accident at 2007 Four Continents, where Davison's blade sliced Dube's cheek on a side-by-side spin.

Both Dube and Davison plan to stay involved in figure skating. Dube competed as a singles skater at the Canadian Championships in January, finishing sixth.

评分

参与人数 1体力 +5 收起 理由
pooool + 5 感谢即时消息

查看全部评分

smilingshine 发表于 2011-3-11 02:31:33 | 显示全部楼层
这消息真爆炸啊~ 虽然之前看到D妹妹说去巴黎旅游什么的,忽然莫名有种奇怪的预感,不过,没想到真的拆伙了……
gopatrick 发表于 2011-3-11 02:38:55 | 显示全部楼层
I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.

-- Gilda Radner

评分

参与人数 3体力 +5 人气 +1 贡献 +2 收起 理由
MJ也有尊严 + 5 + 1 当知音已成往事
Jeremazing + 1 MJ补完:……Except In Our Memory
Juca + 1 Nothing Remains Perfect Except In Our Me

查看全部评分

gopatrick 发表于 2011-3-11 03:07:33 | 显示全部楼层
Mar 10, 2011

By Skate Canada/Skatebuzz

OTTAWA, ON: Three-time Canadian Champions and 2008 world bronze medalists Jessica Dubé and Bryce Davison have ended their nine-year skating partnership. The team had been unable to compete this past season, due to an injury Davison suffered in October. Although they will not be skating as a pair team, both athletes plan to stay very involved in figure skating.

The unexpected break this season provided Jessica Dube, 23, of St-Cyrille-de-Wendover, Quebec, with a different outlook. “With the injury to Bryce, I really had to look at my life, and what I wanted to do. It forced me to focus my time on skating singles, and found I really enjoyed it.” Although she would consider skating pair again if the right opportunity came along, she’s excited about developing her singles career as well. “I had done both before, but had only competed in pairs for the last few years. There was just something about returning to single skating that really helped me to find a spark inside again, and I want to continue pursuing singles even if I do return to pair skating.” She’s also preparing to return to school after several years as a full-time athlete, and has applied to Concordia University to study Communications.

Bryce Davison, 25, from Huntsville, Ontario, moved to Quebec to skate and train with Dubé in 2003. He has been working to rehabilitate his knee since surgery in October to re-attach a bone fragment. While the doctors are pleased with his progress, Davison still has not fully recovered. “I’ve just been cleared to go back on the ice this week, but it’s really just the first of almost baby steps to begin the journey back to the level of skating I would like. I still have a long way to go, but I’m really confident I will be able to get there.” Davison also is looking ahead to new opportunities. “Right now I have to focus on my healing, but I’m hoping to keep my options open. I’m taking steps towards getting my levels so I could coach at some point, and I’m also planning to continue my education.”

The competitive fire still burns though, and he doesn’t rule out skating pairs again. “If the right partnership opportunity came along, I would definitely be interested in skating pair again, at competing at the elite level.” Davison had gone back to school this year, studying Human Anatomy and Physiology online through Athabasca University. He plans to relocate to the Toronto area, and is looking at pursuing studies towards the medical or scientific field at a Toronto university.

Skate Canada’s High Performance Director, Mike Slipchuk, acknowledged the success of Dubé and Davison. “Jess and Bryce are strong singles skaters, who came together to form a partnership where they became a top junior and senior team in Canada and at the world level. When they won their world bronze medal at the 2008 championships, it was a spark that lit up the entire team that came home with three medals and continued Canada’s current success at the World Championships. They are great role models for our skaters and we look forward to them staying involved in the sport for many years as they each head in a new direction.

The two first teamed up to compete in pair in 2003, and had a very successful junior career, winning the silver medal at the ISU Junior World Figure Skating Championships in 2004 and 2005. They went on to qualify for the 2007 ISU Grand Prix Final where they finished fourth. The highlight of their career came with a bronze medal in pair at the 2008 ISU World Figure Skating Championships in 2008 in Gothenburg, Sweden. The pair also competed in two Olympic Winter Games, placing tenth in Torino and sixth in Vancouver.

看来DD短期内没有继续花滑的计划,都准备继续学业 ,D哥哥的复健之路会需要几年时间吧。
crazyraul7 发表于 2011-3-11 08:54:08 | 显示全部楼层
哎…人生聚散终有时啊…
祝福Jessica & Bryce学业有成 事业有成
cindyzhoucc 发表于 2011-3-11 09:08:26 | 显示全部楼层
bryce我倒是不怎么担心,就是jess啊,捡起女单会有光明的道路吗
汤昊 发表于 2011-3-11 10:08:02 | 显示全部楼层
感觉两人跟海宁有点像,本来打算重新踏上征程,但突如其来的致命伤病让人不得不壮志未酬。祝福你们!
enderstar 发表于 2011-3-11 10:26:45 | 显示全部楼层
生活犹如一出「卡门」,残酷如淋漓的鲜血,纵有「凝望你的眼」,也无法改变「偷心」的结局。好吧,那不如道声别离。等光辉渐失,铅华洗尽,愿在对岸的你,别忘了我们共同拥有过的「往日情怀」。——Jessica Dube & Bryce Davison

评分

参与人数 2体力 +10 人气 +2 收起 理由
MJ也有尊严 + 5 + 1 让煽情来得更猛烈吧
time-space + 5 + 1 啊!!

查看全部评分

花样男子 发表于 2011-3-11 10:37:32 | 显示全部楼层
总之,美丽的东西总是消逝的很快
miazhang 发表于 2011-3-11 11:09:42 | 显示全部楼层
唉,也许这是往日情怀最好的释然方式,他们和那部电影竟然这样的相似...
凡男森 发表于 2011-3-11 11:20:49 | 显示全部楼层
他们留下了The way we were这样的节目,也没有遗憾了。。祝福DD
irriya 发表于 2011-3-11 11:37:44 | 显示全部楼层
好shock的消息 我还以为世锦赛会有复出...最近一个赛季都没有什么给力的消息啊
ifoacn 发表于 2011-3-11 11:37:46 | 显示全部楼层
祝福他们在各自的人生道路上一切顺利吧。他俩真是经历了太多意外了。希望以后能万事如意。

评分

参与人数 1体力 +5 人气 +1 收起 理由
花样男子 + 5 + 1 关心他们的同时,也多关心下本命!你很长时 ...

查看全部评分

多啦A梦 发表于 2011-3-11 13:26:27 | 显示全部楼层
The way we were,还真是一语成谶啊不过能用这套节目来告别也没有什么遗憾了吧……
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表