083018n1hd1zhtdjutupiz.jpg

083020s0hue7171p3yf0hy.jpeg

083003kt2hzqr734qsqbbg.jpeg

本帖被以下淘专辑推荐:

楼主| sunshine 发表于 2012-6-27 20:43:23 | 显示全部楼层

Torvill and Dean与伦敦火炬共舞

来自英国媒体的报道:http://www.thisisnottingham.co.u ... 2-detail/story.html

Nottingham's Olympic torch relay: Torvill and Dean looking forward to Ice Gala
Nottingham skaters Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean will make history on Thursday when they skate with the Olympic torch. Jayne Garfitt catches up with the duo during a rare break from the ice...
SINCE the Olympic torch relay tradition began, the flame has travelled by water, by air and by road – but never before by ice.

So when it arrives at the Nottingham Ice Centre on Thursday, history will be made. Not only will the flame be carried across the ice, it will also become the centrepiece of a new routine choreographed and performed by Olympic ice-skating champions Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean.

"It's not the easiest thing to skate with," said Jayne, who is originally from Clifton. "The routine had to be new because we had to choreograph the performance with the torch in mind from the beginning.

"When I'm being lifted by Chris I now have an extra weight, which does affect the balance."

Christopher, originally from Calverton, who first danced with Jayne in 1975, agreed.

"We haven't lit it that much yet to see where the hotspots are," he said. "We knew that we would have to be quite creative to keep it moving with the two of us and try to make it look interesting and exciting at the same time. It's a relay between the two of us."

Despite the hard work, both are excited about the performance. After a full day of skating at the National Ice Centre they show no signs of tiredness and are looking forward to another day of rehearsals.

"I know the torch gets run a lot – and then gets on a boat and goes on a tram – but I think what we are doing is unique in that there's a routine and music based around it," said Christopher, who trained as a policeman before his skating career took off. "We are not just carrying it from place to place; it's a homage to the torch and what it represents.

"I think one of the most significant things is that our Olympic dreams started on this site where the old ice arena used to be, and so we've come back full circle."

Perfecting the routine for Thursday has been a part of their life since February, when they became among the first people to receive their torch after being asked to do the performance last year.

The music by Paul Farrer that will accompany the performance has been specially commissioned – and the costumes are set to be spectacular.

"There will be a lot of purple," said former insurance clerk Jayne. "We thought that was appropriate because of the Bolero.

"We were very honoured to be asked and especially at the fact that they wanted to do it here in Nottingham. It's always nice coming back to perform in Nottingham because this is where we grew up and this is where our skating started. But the fact that it's the torch is the really exciting bit for me.

"It's exciting that we've got the Olympics in London, and Christopher and I are also ambassadors for the Olympics, so we will be attending on certain days as representatives and it brings it all back to us again – the excitement and how proud we are to take part."

Christopher and Jayne's performance will be the climax of Nottingham Ice Centre's Ice Gala, which begins at 5.15pm.

Around 200 skaters will perform in the show, which charts the journey and different stages of becoming a professional ice skater.

The ice centre's artistic director Mark Naylor, who is also a figure-skating coach for Dancing On Ice, is responsible for putting the different groups of skaters together.

"Each skating department has been in charge of its own routine but now I'm looking at the whole picture and giving each act a little bit of sparkle or something to make sure they are show-ready," said the 44-year-old, who is originally from Pennsylvania, USA. "Obviously there's a huge amount of pressure because now is the countdown in my world and I know on Thursday evening it has to be ready.

"Each project presents its own challenges and being asked to be involved is a huge honour. I'm an American who now lives and works in the UK and I can already feel the Olympic buzz building, so to be involved in the torch relay in what I consider my home country is incredibly special.

"However, there are always nerves and when the last bar of music plays you will see a huge smile on my face."

Mark, who is still wearing his ice skates after spending all day on the rink, has also been working with Jayne and Christopher to make sure the transition from the gala to their piece is seamless.

Tickets for the event are sold out.

楼主| sunshine 发表于 2012-6-29 14:07:19 | 显示全部楼层
当地时间2012年6月26日晚,T/D在家乡诺丁汉参与奥运火炬传统,他们以冰上舞蹈的形式与火炬共舞,创造了全新的火炬传统方式,给观众留下了完美的回忆。

相关视频(自录版,效果一般)

以下是来自BBC的报道(点击连接可观看与火炬共舞的HD视频):http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18616439
Olympic torch: Torvill and Dean skate with 2012 flame
Olympic figure skating legends Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean carried the 2012 torch through Nottingham and lit the cauldron on the 41st relay day.

They skated at the city's rink, where they said their "Olympic dreams started", before becoming the final torchbearers of the day.

The torch travelled 100 miles from Lincoln to Nottingham on Thursday.

Earlier, the torch relay was delayed by lightning as it travelled through Mansfield in wet weather.

Torchbearer Glenn Chambers - who was set to take his turn - and two other carriers before the lunch break were ushered on to convoy vehicles until a storm abated.

Once rumbling thunder had faded, the relay continued in heavy rain to the Rebecca Adlington Swimming Centre.

When the flame arrived in Nottingham on Thursday evening, Torvill and Dean carried it across the ice at the National Ice Centre and performed a specially-choreographed routine with the torch in hand.

Later they carried the torch through the city to Old Market Square, where they lit the cauldron for the evening celebration.

Christopher Dean said: "It was amazing to think we could be here in Nottingham, where all our Olympic dreams started.

"This (torch relay) represents the spirit of the Olympics, and it's a rallying cry for the whole nation to get behind."

Jayne Torvill added: "Winning the Olympics was a great event, but this is right up there."

Both were born in Nottinghamshire and trained for their Olympic success at the ice rink.

They shot to fame when they won gold with perfect scores at the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo with their interpretation of Ravel's Boléro.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表