[其他] Skating champ Ashley Wagner's makeup routine

[复制链接]
年华 发表于 2013-11-15 10:16:48 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Skating champ Ashley Wagner's makeup routine

600.jpg

By Alene Dawson
November 9, 2013, 9:00 a.m.

U.S. Figure Skating champion Ashley Wagner is headed to the XXII Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, in February. She's excited about that — and also excited that she's just been named CoverGirl's latest, well, CoverGirl.

Wagner, 22, grew up as an "Army brat," living in Germany, Alaska, California and New York. We met recently to discuss her accolades and style.

Congratulations on your U.S. championship and on being a new CoverGirl.

FOR THE RECORD:
Skating champ: In the Nov. 10 Image section, an article about Ashley Wagner being named a CoverGirl said that the U.S. figure skating champion is heading to the Olympic Winter Games. Although Wagner is competing to be named to the U.S. Olympic team, members won't be announced until January.
Thank you. This is such a dream come true. Honestly, a couple years back I'd made this big move to California [she lives in Dana Point], and I risked everything. I gave myself one year to become national champion or I'd quit skating. I worked as hard as I could and within a year accomplished that goal. Two years later, here I am a CoverGirl. It's absolutely surreal. I can't believe this is happening to me.

Professional ice skating is such a workout, yet you're expected to look perfect while performing.

It's really about using the right products. For skating, because the ice is so, so white, you get washed out very easily. So it's about products that'll show up on your face. I think my eyes are one of my best features, so that's usually what I play up. CoverGirl has these little Shadow Pots. The color is really rich, so it doesn't even take that much. Beyond that, a little bit of mascara goes a long way.

Waterproof mascara?

Yes, usually. … Also, waterproof foundation definitely helps. I use setting spray to keep my makeup from moving around. And waterproof eyeliner goes really far in this sport.

You were born in '91. How has skating changed since the Nancy Kerrigan-Tonya Harding era?

Skating has changed a lot because the audience and entertainment industry in general have changed. … Performances now can't just be a pretty program on the ice. … It's about thinking outside of the box now.

Growing up, as you've said, an 'Army brat,' how did living in so many places impact your notion of beauty?

Natural beauty [is recognized] internationally. … So that's what I center my beauty routine around. Especially being on the go so much, it's easier just to have a nice, simple face highlighting your best features.

You've had some challenges with muscle spasms. What advice do you have?

Starting off when I had these body tremors, it was really scary because I was going from doctor to doctor to doctor and no one could tell me what was wrong. … I'd worked so many years for this dream to be an Olympian, and I wasn't going to just give up because something was difficult, scary or there was a little bit of a roadblock. … So I kept on going to doctors to find answers. ... I felt I owed it to myself to stay strong and confident.

Persistence and "eyes on the prize"?

That would really be my theme so far.

[email protected]

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表