[经典收藏] Vogue Japan January 2014 issue

[复制链接]
年华 发表于 2013-11-29 14:44:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Daisuke Takahashi on Vogue Japan January 2014 issue:

tumblr_mwzgb8ELcp1r1yaqpo3_500.jpg tumblr_mwzgv6vPig1r1yaqpo2_500.jpg tumblr_mwzgb8ELcp1r1yaqpo1_500.jpg tumblr_mwzgv6vPig1r1yaqpo1_500.jpg

Synopsis below.

Page 1 - (1) Vogue Japan styled Daisuke based on his three programs for this season. (2) (On Sonatina) “It reminded me of “hope” when I first heard this piece. Especially the “chorus” part - Oh, I mean I call the step sequence segment as the “chorus” LOL - that part sounds a bit sad and painful, but in the end, hope overtakes everything. I sampled a few other songs for SP, but I decided to go with the “hope” I felt in this song.”

Page 2 (on Lori’s FS) - (1) The photoshoot took place on Oct 6, 2013 after the GPS press conference. (2) They played Daisuke’s program pieces during the photoshoot for each outfit that was styled for each piece. Daisuke couldn’t help moving his body to the music, as if he were a 27 year old kid just for the duration of the photoshoot. (3) Lori had been looking for an opportunity to use the tango version of come together for a long time and wanted Daisuke to skate to it this season. (4) At first, she sent that part only to Daisuke who thought it alone would not make a good program, but he soon realized Lori wanted to do a Beatles medley. (5) At first, Daisuke wasn’t entirely sure if he could pull of such great songs that are loved by so many people all over the world, but the cuts Lori provided made him think of good classical music rather than Beatles. (6) "There is a part during ‘In My Love’ where I draw a compulsory "S" figure and present it to the judges. I land a jump, thank the skating god and audience, and present the S figure to the judges. It is not too obvious and nobody probably noticed, though. Lori told me to skate that part with a smile, even during a practice, no matter how bad a mood I might be in at the time." (7) He was not too worried about starting with a whole new choreographer for the Olympic season. Lori gave him many new surprises and discoveries. The step sequence is not particularly fast yet very aesthetic.

Page 2-3 (on choosing music) - (1) You get tired of some songs after listening to and skating to them all season long. Meanwhile, Daisuke kept loving La Strada and Phantom all season long. He feels the Beetles will become one of those. (2) “Skaters tend to be always on a lookout for good spices. If I notice a song while in town or in a restaurant, I shazam right away. I heard Luv Letter while shopping at a CD shop and asked the shopkeeper about it right then. When I hear a piece of music, especially one without vocal, I start moving without realizing. So I try to listen to music that is not conducive to skating when I have a day off.

Page 3 (on choosing costumes) - (1) Daisuke didn’t used to have any input when he was having his costumes made in Russia, but now, he and his Japanese staff make costume decisions together. He tends to describe his vision using abstract words, because he can’t draw, and the staff materializes it. (2) He wants his costumes to make his moves look good.For example, a costume must highlight the shoulder blade movements to help make the arms look longer and arm movements look dynamic. He notes that tall skaters with long limbs would not have to put this much thoughts into costumes. (3) His very best favorite costume is the one for In the garden of souls. (4) As for this season, he likes the SP costume but not so sure about the FS costume, yet. (5) He enjoyed the photoshoot with the red McQueen jacket, especially because he cannot wear long jacket on ice.

Page 3 and 6 (on programs) - (1) After Vancouver, Daisuke wanted to remove himself from the flamboyant, Latin image he exuded at the time. (2) His favorite program is The Phantom. His personal favorite also includes Bachelorette. (3) He notes that Mambo was loved by both figure skate geeks and casual fans, while Blues for Klook had fans’ opinions split into two extremes. Pagliacci was the same way.

Page 6 (on going with the flow and letting destiny take its course) - He met Nagamitsu sensei in Sendai serendipitously when he was 14. He went there to meet with a choreographer who at the last minute could not make it. Nagamitsu sensei just happened to be in Sendai at the time and decided to help Daisuke who was now choreographer-less. For the 2006 season, he had to choose between Morozov and Lori. He imagines his career would have been very different had he chosen Lori at the time. He credits Morozov for changing and expanding him as a skater. Daisuke says he absolutely hated the hiphop swan lake, yet thinks it was a good experience.

Source:yoko71

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表