[资讯] Jeff Buttle宣布退役!

[复制链接]
fs2046 发表于 2008-9-11 06:52:01 | 显示全部楼层

9月10日Jeff正式宣布退役。

这是加拿大冰协的正式新闻,官样文章,就不翻译了,下面有Jeff做出决定的前因后果报道,翻译马上送上。

World Champion Jeffrey Buttle retires from competitive figure skatingSkate Canada celebrates his career and says farewell to a champion

(September 10, 2008 - TORONTO, ON) –Skate Canada announced today that Jeffrey Buttle, 26, of Smooth Rock Falls, ON, is retiring from competitive figure skating. Buttle is the 2006 Olympic bronze medalist and the 2008 World Champion. He is the first Canadian men’s world champion in 11 years, and began competing on the international stage in 1997.  

“Skate Canada has provided me with so many opportunities and unforgettable memories, and skating will always be a part of my life,” said Jeffrey Buttle. “Representing Canada around the world has been an honour and I’m very proud of my achievements as a competitive figure skater.  I’ve had so much support throughout my career - I’ll be forever grateful to my fans, coaches and of course, my family.”
“Jeff has been a leader and ambassador for our sport and country over the years,” said William Thompson, Skate Canada Chief Executive Officer. “He has embraced his role as a Canadian Champion, World Champion and Olympian by being a role model for young skaters in Canada and will continue to be involved and support Skate Canada. We will miss his wonderful blend of artistry and athleticism and wish him nothing but the best in the future.” “When Jeff skated two flawless performances to become the 2008 World Champion, it could not have happened to a better person,” said Mike Slipchuk, Skate Canada Director of High Performance. “To become Canadian Champion, World Champion, and Olympic bronze medalist is a testament to the hard work and dedication he put into his competitive career. We look forward to Jeff continuing to be a part of the Skate Canada family in the years ahead.”

In 1998, Buttle won the silver medal in the junior men’s discipline at the BMO Canadian Figure Skating Championships and in 2005 he would capture his first of three senior men’s Canadian Champion titles.  

Buttle continued that success on the international stage. In 2002 and 2004, he captured gold at the ISU Four Continents Championships. Buttle was a regular on the ISU Grand Prix circuit, placing second at the ISU Grand Prix Final in 2004 and 2005. During his career on the Grand Prix circuit Buttle earned gold three times, first at the 2003 NHK Trophy in Japan, followed by the Cup of China in 2004 and the 2005 Trophée Eric Bompard.

In 2006, Buttle attended his first Olympic Games in Turin, Italy, where he won the bronze medal for Canada. In 2008, he captured gold at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships in Gothenburg, Sweden.  

Buttle is a member of the Mariposa School of Skating where he was coached by Lee Barkell and Rafael Arutunian.  

Buttle will retire as a three-time Canadian Champion, Olympic bronze medalist and the reigning World Champion.

Skate Canada would like to congratulate Jeff for all his success in the sport of figure skating.

评分

参与人数 1体力 +5 人气 +1 收起 理由
plumluvzhenya + 5 + 1 感谢即时消息

查看全部评分

fs2046 发表于 2008-9-11 06:57:27 | 显示全部楼层
Buttle retires from competitive skating

BEVERLEY SMITH

September 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM EDT

Toronto — World figure skating champion Jeffrey Buttle shocked the skating world on Wednesday when he announced his retirement from competition, with only 17 months to go until the Vancouver/Whistler Olympics.
在距温哥华冬奥会仅17个月时,世界冠军Jeffery Buttle于本周三宣布了他决定退役的消息。

Skate Canada found out only two days ago that the 26-year-old skater had decided he didn't have a heart left for competition and that he thought it would be better to allow another Canadian to take his spot in Vancouver.
加拿大冰协也是在两天前才获悉此决定的。Buttle表示他对花滑比赛失去了兴趣,所以最好将参加奥运的机会让位他人。

Buttle's retirement puts into question the number of spots for men that Canada may earn for the 2010 Winter Olympics. With Buttle's win and Patrick Chan's ninth-place finish at the world championships last year, Canada may send three men to the world championships this season in Los Angeles.
他的退役也许会对加拿大2010冬奥的参赛席位有所影响。2008世锦赛借助Buttle的胜利和Patrick Chan的第九名,加拿大男单获得了洛杉矶世锦赛的三个参赛资格。

But the worlds determine the number of skaters each country may send to the Vancouver Olympics. And if Buttle's successors cannot deliver in Los Angeles, Canada may lose a spot - or maybe even two - for the Games.
各队在世锦赛的表现将决定他们的奥运参赛人数。如果Buttle的继任者在LA没有出色表现,东道主加拿大可能会失去一至两个奥运参赛资格。

"It's obviously a very difficult day for us at Skate Canada," William Thompson, the association's chief executive officer, said Wednesday during a news conference at a downtown hotel. "However, I admire his decision, and we fully support Jeff in whatever he chooses to do. For us, it is more important that our athletes are well-rounded individuals who go on to great things in their lives, and I have no doubt that Jeffrey will succeed in life from this point forward.
加冰协首席执行官William Thompson说这对加拿大冰协是个沉重的打击。但他对Buttle的决定表示尊敬和支持。‘对我们而言,选手个人的人生大计更重要,我们相信Jeffrey退役后的生活仍会很成功。’

"But you've got to be sad when you lose your world champion."
‘但失去我们的世界冠军还是令人伤感的。’

Thompson said Canada still has depth in men's skating and it will be their job to step out and fill "Jeff's rather large skates.
Thompson对加拿大男单的后备力量并没有感到担心,他相信他们会很快弥补Jeff离去后留下的缺口。

"I know they can do it and they will rise to this challenge," he said. "But each day is going to be a turning point for all of their training as well."
‘我相信他们有能力接过这个重任。但每天对他们的训练都将是个转折点。’

The announcement comes on the eve of a national training camp in Vancouver and will immediately change the focus of their work.
这个消息是在温哥华举行的国家队训练营当晚宣布的,立即改变了大家的工作重心。

Thompson said that in the weeks following Buttle's dominating victory at the world championships in Gothenburg, Sweden, last March, he wondered if the athlete would consider retirement. But by last month, when he saw that Buttle had been working on two new routines and that he had been working diligently on the elusive quadruple jump, he figured Buttle was here to stay.
Thompson说在今年哥德堡世锦赛结束后,他就想知道Buttle是否打算在夺冠后急流勇退。但上个月他看到后者相当勤力地演练两个新节目,除了没有四周跳。他以为Buttle决定留下来。

Buttle wasn't so sure. He said after he recovered from the high of winning the world championships, he began to struggle with thoughts about his future. He felt he was satisfied and proud of what he had done, but he didn't want to make the decision in a week, so he decided that he'd go through a summer of training before he made up his mind.
Buttle本人并不确定。他说从世界冠军的惊喜感中冷静下来后,他开始挣扎自己的未来。他为自己已取得的成就感到满足和骄傲。但他不想急于作出退役与否的决定,他想在夏训结束后再定。

Buttle said the only thing that stopped him from retiring on the spot was the lure of an Olympics in his home country.
他说唯一让他举棋不定的因素是奥运会在家门口举行的诱惑。

"I just came to the conclusion that I wasn't continuing on for all the right reasons," he said. "The city that the Olympics is in shouldn't be the motivating factor. I have to feel it inside. That was the breaking point."
‘我的结论是我没有充足的理由让自己继续下去。’他说‘奥运会的举办城市不应该成为是否继续的决定因素。当我意识到这点,就下定了决心(离开)。’

He felt it would be a greater shame to take away the opportunities from a strong field of upcoming male skaters in Canada. He felt he had nothing left to prove. He has already won a bronze medal at the Turin Olympics.
他感觉让加拿大男单的后起之秀们失去在家门口参加奥运的机会将是更大的遗憾。而他本人已经无需再证明什么了。他已经在都灵奥运赢得了一枚铜牌。

"The Vancouver Olympics is important to me, but winning them isn't." he said.
‘参加温哥华奥运对我来说远比赢得这个比赛重要。’

He said he talked it over with some pro skaters, like Kurt Browning, Brian Orser and Jennifer Robinson. Thompson said that although it would have been possible for Buttle to equal his effort in Gothenburg, it would have been difficult. Buttle won by about 14 points in capturing both the short and long programs.
他与一些职业选手交流了自己的想法,包括Kurt Browning, Brian Orser Jennifer RobinsonThompson也表示Buttle想要复制哥德堡一役的辉煌,虽然可能性是存在的,但将十分艰难。他当时以14分的优势赢得了比赛。

评分

参与人数 6体力 +20 人气 +6 收起 理由
plumluvzhenya + 1 感谢即时消息
三色堇和弦 + 1 感谢即时消息
ferrari + 5 + 1 精品文章
扶风 + 5 + 1 唉。。。。。。
昀灿 + 5 + 1 感谢即时消息
fjn219 + 5 + 1 感谢即时消息

查看全部评分

fs2046 发表于 2008-9-11 07:10:14 | 显示全部楼层

About 10 days ago, his mother, Lesley, got a call from Buttle, who had been training in California. She heard a certain tone in his voice that told her something momentous was about to happen.
十天前,Buttle从加州训练营致电母亲Lesley。她从他的语气中感觉到有些重大的决定将发生。

"You know what, mom?" he told her. "I don't want to do this."
‘你知道吗妈妈?我不想再干这个了。’他说。

"You mean you don't want to skate?" his mother said.
‘你不想再滑冰了?’

"I want to skate, but I don't want to compete," Buttle said. "My heart isn't in this. The closer I get to competition, the less passionate I am about being there."
‘我想滑冰,可不想再参加比赛了。我的心已经不在这上面了。离比赛越近,我就越难以找到激情。’

Buttle was to have competed first at Skate Canada in Ottawa in November.
Buttle原定的第一站比赛是11月在渥太华举行的大奖赛加拿大站。

"Jeffrey always skated with passion," Lesley Buttle said. "If that's missing, it could be a very flat performance and I would hate that. A flat performance is one thing you never got from him, even when the program wasn't technically sound."
Jeffrey总要带着激情滑冰。’Lesley Buttle说,‘如果这种感觉不复存在,他的表演将变得非常苍白无力。我不想让那一幕发生。他永远不会允许自己做出平淡乏味的表演,哪怕他在技术上不能做到十全十美。’

Lesley suggested he come home. When she picked him up at the airport, Buttle told her that he hadn't changed his mind about retiring. "Are you disappointed?" he asked her.
Lesley建议他回家一趟。当他们在机场相遇时,Buttle对她说自己退意已决。‘你是不是很失望?’他问她。

"Totally not," she said. "I was the one whose jaw dropped when he finished high school and he said he wanted to continue skating."
‘完全没有。’她说,‘当他在高中毕业时对我说决定继续滑冰时,我是那个被惊得目瞪口呆的人。’

Lesley said she would never live her life the way her son did to eventually win the world title.
Lesley说换作她,儿子为赢得世界冠军所经历的生活是无法忍受的。

"He was so obsessive with his lifestyle," she said. "He went to bed every night and he woke up at the same time every morning. He ate the same thing every day. He ate at the same time every day. New Year's Eve? He'd spend it with his mother and go to bed at 11 o'clock. Who does that when they're 25? He was very dedicated to the lifestyle.
‘他专注于自己的生活方式。他每天在同一时间睡觉,同一时间起床,日复一日吃同样的东西。他每天在同一时间吃饭。除夕夜?他和他妈妈一起在11点准时上床睡觉。有哪个25岁的人能做到像他这样自律?’

"In some ways, it will be hard for him this season to watch skating and not be there. And that was his concern about Vancouver, to sit and watch the opening ceremonies. But he said, the location doesn't matter."
‘从某些方面说,也许这个赛季让他作在场外看别人比赛不是件容易事。他怕温哥华奥运会让自己感到失落,坐在场边看奥运开幕式却不能参与其中。但他说比赛在哪举行并不重要。’

Buttle said he will not focus on what opportunities pop up for him in the show and touring world. That's first on his list, while he's still young and fit. Eventually, he'll go back to the University of Toronto to finish his chemical engineering degree. He started taking courses part time in 2002, but still has three years left to finish.
Buttle说他不会在意是否有做秀和世界巡回表演的机会。对他来说最重要的是自己还年轻和健康。最终,他会回到多伦多大学去念完他化学工程的学位。他从2002年开始在那里做part time学生,但还需要三年才能完成学业。

Buttle may also have a career in choreography. He's known as a musical performer who did intricate, difficult technical footwork, spins and transitional moves, if not quads.
他也许会从事编舞。他对音乐的表达,复杂高难度的步法,旋转,以及衔接动作都为人称道,哪怕他没有四周跳。

"Technical advancement is not simply about jumps," said Thompson, a former international judge. "I think what he brought to the sport was unique and beautiful and artistic and athletic. And I will miss that."
Thompson说技术水平不仅仅取决于跳跃,‘我认为他为这项运动带来了优美的,艺术与技术性并存的独特风格,我会怀念它。’

"There are many, many champions, but there are very few great ones," said former skater Debbi Wilkes, director of marketing and communications for Skate Canada. "I believe that the greatest champions are those that change the sport in some very significant way. Jeffrey is definitely one of those."
‘冠军会有很多很多,但其中很少数人配得上‘伟大’两字。’加拿大冰协市场公关部主管Debbi Wilkes说,‘我相信伟大的冠军会在某个方面为这项运动带来巨大的改变。Jeffrey绝对是其中之一。’

What will spectators miss this season? Buttle's new long program, called Eclogue (a short pastoral poem), may have been the best of his career - but they won't see it at Skate Canada or the Canadian championships. Buttle heard the music on his iPod while driving his car.
我们这个赛季会错失些什么?Buttle的新自由滑‘田园牧歌’,也许这将是他职业生涯里最好的一个节目,但我们将不会在加拿大杯或加锦赛上看到了。他开车时会从iPod里收听这支乐曲。

"I immediately thought of John Curry and Brian Orser and I thought, 'Oh my god, this music is so pure and clean and it's everything I believe about in skating'," he said.
他说,‘这首乐曲让我想到了John Curry Brian Orser。我的上帝,它是如此纯洁,干净,在我看来,它代表了花滑所应具备的一切。’

Buttle said he won't let go of it. It may show up at a pro-am competition or a show.
Buttle说他不会浪费这个节目,他可能用它参加职业-业余选手比赛,或在表演里滑它。

<END>

翘掉一节课,一口气翻完了这篇文章,感觉完成了一个使命。

Jeff是除Evan外我最喜欢和关注的现役男选手,开这个贴的时候,曾经希望能在他退役前把它做到100页,可惜无法实现了。

不管怎么说,能一起走了这么远,有过这么多美好的回忆,特别是能亲眼见证他登上世界男单的顶峰,真的没有遗憾了。

我是个完美主义者,喜欢happy ending,至少,把故事的结局定格在光明的瞬间远远好过一个英雄末路的背影。

Evan说过,虽然花滑是我人生中重要的一章,但绝非生命的全部。

是的,生命还要继续。走出去,外面是一片更广阔的天空,阳光依旧灿烂如常。

相信我们还会时常看到他的身影,只是换了个舞台。

在此衷心祝福他未来的日子一路走好。

Farewell Jeff! We'll miss you!  

评分

参与人数 6体力 +25 人气 +6 收起 理由
plumluvzhenya + 1 补~
ferrari + 5 + 1 辛苦翻译
扶风 + 5 + 1 辛苦翻译…………
昀灿 + 5 + 1 Recall the best in our heart
Annieca + 5 + 1 叫我不伤心那是不可能的......
wqqenya + 5 + 1 谢谢

查看全部评分

Penny 发表于 2008-9-11 08:44:04 | 显示全部楼层
虽然在登顶前经历了很多波折,但还是希望能在业余冰坛里多看一下他的身影。
总之,祝福他,只要他无悔自己的选择就好了。
wqqenya 发表于 2008-9-11 09:28:28 | 显示全部楼层
看到世界顶尖的男单选手退役,特别是在这种众望所归的情况下退役,我也感到非常震惊,但我觉得jeff是有自己想做的事,这样决绝,肯定不是一时的头脑发热。
希望jeff迷特别是Annieca不要太难过,毕竟他已经成功登顶。
冰花飞溅 发表于 2008-9-11 09:32:42 | 显示全部楼层
可惜了CoC......
陆屿 发表于 2008-9-11 09:58:22 | 显示全部楼层
惊愕。。。一个冠军改变一段历程。。。
大饼 发表于 2008-9-11 10:18:00 | 显示全部楼层
在天涯上翻着国际象棋的帖子,竟发现有人说jeff退役了,于是惊雷
再跑过来一看,好像是真的……………………
尊重他的决定,也祝福他以后的生活。
mirror0208 发表于 2008-9-11 10:26:21 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 离恨恰如春草 于 2008-9-10 23:27 发表
我的第一反应是先调出来电脑时间确定今天不是4月1号
半夜在火车上看到了Annie
给我的短信
OMG 我的第一反应也是今天是愚人节吗!!!!
然后就想,温哥华,真的就这么放弃了吗!
至今仍然在shock中,不知道要花多久才可以缓过劲来
午后阳光 发表于 2008-9-11 10:28:44 | 显示全部楼层
受到ANNIE 消息的时候,我还以为是做梦,上来一看,才知道是真的
本以为他退役怎么着也是10年之后的事情,没想到来得那么突然。杜灵的铜牌和今年世锦赛的金牌,他不需要再在温哥华冬奥会上再证明什么了。既然对比赛已经没有激情了,那激流勇退也是不错的选择.
登上世界最高领奖台居然让他在短时间内心态发生了那么大的变化
crazyraul7 发表于 2008-9-11 10:30:08 | 显示全部楼层
这个消息太突然了~一下子还是不太接受得了~~~
Jeff~乃也太...
哎~~~外貌协会的顶梁柱啊...
只能默默地祝福他了
山水文章 发表于 2008-9-11 10:32:03 | 显示全部楼层
除了支持他的决定,也没什么好说的了
急流勇退远比英雄末路好
就像海宁一样
Juca 发表于 2008-9-11 11:04:31 | 显示全部楼层
支持他祝福他……

但我好伤心好难过啊……一看到消息眼泪就掉下来了……

我再也不会像以前那样关注花滑的比赛了……
都结束了……
wenwenyin 发表于 2008-9-11 11:12:55 | 显示全部楼层
才发现了这个夸张的消息~~~真是没想到啊!
marlin 发表于 2008-9-11 11:31:32 | 显示全部楼层
Jeff那样的人,在最好的时候离开大概会比较幸福……至少以后还能在表演里看到他快乐的笑着滑冰。。。也是,能拿的都拿到了,他也够善良,像Johnny以前说女单那样“把机会留给新人们”

只是真没想到这一天这么快.......一切都在一瞬间破碎了。《---是不是这样的感觉><

以后年华也会突然少很多人吧.....Jeff昔日对手都还在,但他却走了......这样的话布丁每次看别家的帖子都会难过的><

评分

参与人数 1体力 +5 人气 +1 收起 理由
fjn219 + 5 + 1 幸好还有你们

查看全部评分

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表