[讨论] Jason Brown随教练一家去科泉训练, 13-14赛季滑大河之舞

[复制链接]
年华小编 发表于 2013-5-16 15:59:20 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
找了Eddie Shipstad做跳跃教练

UkCBsTpA.jpg

Ade and Co. find new home in Rocky Mountains
Coach moves with students from Chicago area to Colorado; Ward plots comeback

(05/15/2013) - Kori Ade has relocated to Colorado, with her students, family and new baby in tow.
Ade is coaching Jason Brown and Jordan Moeller, among others, at the Colorado Sports Center in Monument, Colo., about 20 miles north of Colorado Springs. Rohene Ward continues to coach and choreograph with her, and Ade said that dance coach Tiffany Dombeck has joined the group.

"I'm excited about building a program, and I couldn't be happier," Ade said. "I want to be where coaching is a passion and not just a job. I want to teach because I love teaching."

Ade, who had been coaching in the Chicago area, said that she had been looking for a new training environment for a while.

"I was fortunate enough to work at Lake Arrowhead for several summers, and I saw how the skaters would step it up when they were on the ice with high-level skaters," Ade said. "The rink I was at was really supportive, but I was on the ice alone, all day, every day. You don't think of Chicago as a destination for elite skaters the way you do with Colorado."

Ade cited the advantages her skaters have of training at altitude and having access to the Olympic Training Center (OTC).

"They have a lot of great sports medicine and information," she said. "And the opportunity to go to the dining hall and eat with elite athletes can't really be duplicated elsewhere."

"I love the environment," Brown said. "I love skating in Monument; it feels more like home. I can train the same way I did at home. Having access to the OTC is such a pro, and I'm trying to make the most of that resource."

Brown has been going to the Colorado Springs World Arena twice a week to work on jumps with Eddie Shipstad on the pole harness.

Moeller will join Ade's group in Colorado as soon as he finishes high school.

"I'm happy to have them go over and skate a national session, because they've earned the right to skate there," Ade said. "I want them to be around other boys who are doing quads and triple Axels."

"It's been great," said Brown, who moved to Colorado in March. "It feels so homey, and it's playing out better than I thought it would.

"I always have these fears: 'What will happen? How will I blend in?' It wasn't a flawless transition. With any move, it takes time. You can't totally submerge yourself in a new environment and be perfect from the start.

"We're all getting more comfortable and getting into the swing of life and training again. Over time, it just got better and better. I truly love it."

Ade had to move not only her students but also her family; she has a young daughter and a new baby girl, born at the end of April. She said her husband, who works for Sears Holdings Corporation, agreed with the decision to move.

"He has a lot of empathy to my career," Ade said. "Colorado works for him. He said, 'All right, I want to do this and support you.'"

Ward, who choreographs for Brown and Moeller, is going to return to competition himself next season. He's planning to take the ice at the Broadmoor Open in June. Ade said she is listed as Ward's coach, but he does a lot of work on his own.

"I don't want to take too much credit, because he's one of the most talented guys ever," Ade said. "Coaching is more like consulting with him. He's giving it one more shot for the joy of being out on the ice -- he feels that it doesn't matter what he does out there.

"He's got to be one of the most brilliant choreographers I've ever seen. His long for Jason is unbelievable."

Brown is open to the notion of competing against his own choreographer next season.

"I don't think it will be weird," he said. "The weirdest part of it will be that he'll compete and then stand at the boards with Kori for me, in his costume!

"I don't think about it like competing against him. I think it will bring a fun energy."

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130515&content_id=47601296&vkey=ice_news

本帖被以下淘专辑推荐:

楼主| 年华小编 发表于 2013-5-19 08:53:40 | 显示全部楼层
几个跳跃训练视频

Triple Lutz-Triple Toe

Triple Axel

Quad Toe

楼主| 年华小编 发表于 2013-6-12 12:55:05 | 显示全部楼层

RE: Jason Brown随教练一家去科泉训练, 13-14赛季滑大河之舞

Jason the dream: Brown navigates road to Sochi

Colorado Springs-based skater writes about preparing for Olympic season

By Jason Brown, special to icenetwork.com

(06/10/2013) - Jason Brown, a two-time medalist at the world junior championships, will make his senior international debut this fall, and later will attempt to earn a spot on the U.S. Olympic team. He's keeping a season-long blog for icenetwork.com.
TIME OFF

After my last event of the season, I usually take some time off the ice to rest and recuperate, as do most skaters. Generally, I spend my time furiously trying to catch up on homework that I missed while I was away, but this year was different. I worked with my school throughout the past four years to accumulate enough credits to graduate a semester early, so when I came back from the 2013 World Junior Championships, instead of scrambling to get work done, I had time to rest and begin packing up my room for my big move to Colorado.

On March 19, I packed up the car and began my trip west with my mom. The time flew by. The entire car ride, my mom and I talked about almost everything, laughing and singing the whole way to Colorado Springs. My mom kept comparing the trip to the themes of American literature. She said, "It was the combination of the adventurous journey out west mixed with the quintessential coming-of-age story. I would return home and experience the separation from my child, and Jason would begin a new phase of independence."

I moved in with Karina Manta (a novice ice dancer) and Britney Simpson (the U.S. junior pairs champion with Matthew Blackmer), and I could not be happier -- I love them so much! They are the greatest roommates.

I was back on the ice for spring training the following day ... my break was over.

SPRING TRAINING

I am so fortunate that my coach, Kori Ade, and my choreographer, Rohene Ward, moved out to Colorado with me. They've been so supportive during this transition. Still, there are so many new and exciting changes. I am training at a new rink with new people, getting used to the high altitude, and I will be competing as a senior internationally. I know this will be a year of growth and learning, challenges and changes, determination and perseverance, but I am ready for it all and ready to accept the risks and rewards that will come with it.

Spring training is the time where my coaches and I pick out new music, get new skates, choreograph my new programs, get new costumes, and just get back into the swing of training again. Starting from day one in high altitude was anything but easy!

The spring decisions started with picking out new music. The process generally goes like this: Kori and Rohene find pieces they think would be great, and then I either approve or strongly decline (haha), and then Rohene starts choreographing. This year, we all agreed to keep my short program from last year and revamp it, while finding new music for my free.

One afternoon, while playing around with different pieces of music for my free, Rohene looked at me with the most excited eyes and knew exactly what he wanted me to skate to. Both Kori and I weren't sold when he told us, but he took that as a challenge, fully believing that we would love it. He did not disappoint: Riverdance it is! Both Kori and I are now absolutely in love with the music, and with the finished program. I can barely breathe, and am not exactly able to make it through the entire program yet, but it truly feels like the perfect program to make my mark on the senior international scene and to compete at nationals in the Olympic year. :)

GRADUATION

At the end of May, I went back home to walk with my class for graduation. It's hard to believe that I'm done with this chapter of my life and, to be honest, I'm pretty scared. People sometimes ask me how I was able to balance both high school and skating, and I have to say, if you have supportive and understanding teachers, then it is manageable.

It's not easy, however. There are late nights. There are times when you're trying to get over jet lag while catching up on missed work, while keeping up with daily work, while training for the next event ... but it was all worth it! It was hard for me to walk across that stage and get my diploma knowing it would all be over in one handshake and a diploma pass; I didn't feel ready to leave. I loved high school and was not ready for it to be over, but as I flew back to Colorado, to my new home away from home, my fears disappeared and I was excited to start this next chapter of my life.

GRAND PRIX ASSIGNMENTS ANNOUNCED

Since making my decision to move up to senior internationally, I've been counting down the days until I would find out my assignment. The Grand Prix assignments for the 2013-14 season were announced in the middle of the night on June 3. I found out around 4:30 a.m. when I woke up in the middle of the night, probably due to my excitement. I saw that Kori had texted me at 2:23 a.m. telling me that I had been assigned to Trophée Eric Bompard in Paris! I literally jumped out of bed freaking out. I could not believe it. I have dreamed about getting a senior Grand Prix since I was a juvenile, and to have gotten to a place in my career where my name was on the roster for one of the events was amazing.

After finding out, I called my mom to tell her the great news. Hearing her excited, loving and proud voice on the other line will be a moment I will always cherish. My dad was in Korea at the time, so I had to text him the news. I can't fully express how honored I am to be invited to compete alongside some of the biggest names in figure skating. I am still in shock by it all; the reality that I'm a senior international men's competitor hasn't completely sunk in, but it's starting to.

SUMMER TRAINING BEGINS

I've been in the full swing of summer training for the past week and, boy, am I sore! From power classes to workout sessions to on-ice lessons and hours of practicing, the first week has been a huge success. I'm training up in Monument, Colo., and I couldn't be any more pleased with the way my schedule is working out. My legs could be happier, but they will get used to it.

I hope you all have had a great start to your summers. If you have any questions that you would like me to answer in future blogs, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Also, I JUST GOT A TWITTER ACCOUNT! Please follow me @jasonbskates. I'm extremely new to Twitter, so I'm sorry if I'm not the best tweeter. I'll try to do my best!

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/a ... 6&vkey=ice_news
 楼主| 年华小编 发表于 2013-6-17 13:23:32 | 显示全部楼层
训练照

楼主| 年华小编 发表于 2013-6-17 13:26:17 | 显示全部楼层
参加Weir的Ice Dream Show

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表