[花边] “小威语录”征集中

[复制链接]
 楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 00:35:00 | 显示全部楼层

"It was scary," he said. "People didn't quiet for the entire warm-up. There was so much energy in that building it was palpable. There was nothing I could do about it. I just skated and I got scared. I've never felt like that in a competition, where I was just plain scared."

"当时的气氛让人感到害怕。整个赛前热身观众都没静下来过,你可以感觉得到体育馆内群情激荡,而我什么都做不了。我只是继续滑,然后越来越怕。我都没觉得自己是在比赛,我只是在害怕。"

--冬奥会后谈自由滑失利

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 01:02:00 | 显示全部楼层

"The performance was disappointing. I wished I could come home with a medal for my country, but there's always next time."

我的表现令人失望。我希望能为自己的国家赢得一枚奖牌,但结果总是"还有下一次"。

--冬奥会后谈自由滑失利

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 01:30:00 | 显示全部楼层

"As for the gender-bending, I realize my lips are very red and my eyelashes are very curly, and I'm not as macho as Elvis Stojko or Michael Weiss," he said. "Hopefully, I opened some eyes and minds, but, generally, people are close-minded."

至于说到性别扭转的问题,我知道我的嘴唇很红,睫毛很翘,不像Elvis Stojko或Michael Weiss那样有男子气概,但我希望自己能有开阔的眼光和胸襟。但,大多数人却心胸狭隘。

--冬奥会后采访

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 01:33:00 | 显示全部楼层

"I never realized the Olympics would be such a big deal," he said. "Although I did become somewhat famous because of the Olympics and the crazy things I said, I haven't changed and my life hasn't changed."

我从没觉得奥运会是件多了不得的事。尽管我因为冬奥会,因为自己的某些疯狂言论出名了,但我这个人没有变,我的生活也没有变。

--冬奥会后采访

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 01:35:00 | 显示全部楼层

"I hope I'm an iconoclast. My role is the one who doesn't give a hoot."

我希望我能成为叛逆者,毕竟自己只是个小角色。

--冬奥会后采访

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 01:38:00 | 显示全部楼层

"I learned about how human beings tear you down," he said. "I got five pieces of hate mail to every one positive fan letter. People said I was a disgrace to my country, a faggot, an idiot. It was insulting."

我终于知道了别人是怎么攻击你的。每收到一封来自冰迷的问候,就要收到五封憎恨的邮件。他们说我是国家的耻辱,是同性恋,是白痴。这是对我的侮辱。

--冬奥会后采访

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 01:41:00 | 显示全部楼层

"I want to go back to being my regular self," he said. "It's not my job to change people's opinions. There's no reason I should try to be like Michelle Kwan -- an ambassador for the sport. We already have someone saying and wearing all the right things. "

我想做回自己。我没必要去改变别人对我的看法,也没理由让自己成为像关颖珊那样的人--花样滑冰运动的形象大使。我们已经有人来说得体的话,做正确的事了。

--冬奥会后采访

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 01:45:00 | 显示全部楼层

We are country people, we're from the country, and I consider us bumpkins - although I'm a modernized bumpkin. I'm the same kid who chews on a piece of straw, loves to chug chocolate milk, and loves the smell of fresh rain.

我们是乡下人,我们是从乡下来的。尽管我是个摩登的乡下人,但我们还是乡下人。我现在还是那个嘴里嚼着草,喜欢巧克力牛奶,喜欢雨水清新气息的乡下孩子。

--摘自冬奥会后来自IFS的访谈

Joanna 发表于 2006-6-18 15:52:00 | 显示全部楼层

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/johnny_weir/

上面有不少,有些还蛮有意思的。

“I don't worry about what other people think. Everyone else worries for me,”

我从不担心别人怎么想,但别人总为我担心。

真是这样吗?嗬嗬

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 16:40:00 | 显示全部楼层

He says he's been obsessed with the Holocaust since he was little and considers himself "a little bit" Jewish, although he isn't, not technically. He says he's had his past lives read and found out that most recently he was a Jewish girl from Poland during World War II.

他说他从小就对二战时期纳粹屠杀犹太人那段历史非常感兴趣,他觉得自己"有那么一点"犹太人,尽管从血统上来说他不是。他说,他用自己已过去的生命阅读这段历史,并且发觉最近的自己是二战期间来自波兰的犹太女孩。

"I mean, it makes sense if you think about it," he says. "Like, what 4-year-old gets into learning about how 6 million people were exterminated?"

我的意思是,只要你去想,这就能讲得通。好比一个四岁的小孩从6million人口被灭族这样一段史实中学到了什么?

--摘自“Drop Till You Shop”

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 16:42:00 | 显示全部楼层

Weir considers clothes and handbags and sunglasses his children.

Weir把他的衣服,手袋还有太阳眼镜都看成是他自己的孩子。

--摘自“Drop Till You Shop”

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 16:43:00 | 显示全部楼层

Before starting the day's shopping, he meets us for cappuccino at a cafe near the Olympic Village wearing the aforementioned rabbit hand warmers, a Fendi scarf, True Religion jeans, which are his favorite brand ("I like how my butt looks in them"),

他穿着他最喜欢的牌子 - True Religion的牛仔裤("我喜欢自己的屁股包在里面的样子")

--摘自“Drop Till You Shop”

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 17:14:00 | 显示全部楼层

"I made a scene because I had to walk to an ATM."

他们害得我得徒步到自动提款机去拿钱,所以我和他们吵了一架。

--摘自“Drop Till You Shop”

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 17:15:00 | 显示全部楼层

when he sees someone with a knockoff handbag, "it hurts my feelings," he says.

当他看见有人用冒牌的手袋时,他说:"这伤害了我的感情。"

--摘自“Drop Till You Shop”

楼主| Yvonne 发表于 2006-6-18 17:17:00 | 显示全部楼层

Even when he goes to the supermarket, he says, he buys more yogurt than he needs, "just in case it goes away."

他说,甚至去超市买酸奶,他都会不必要地多买,"钱就是这样流走的。"

--摘自“Drop Till You Shop”

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表